Confused

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wanderer666

Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
OK I am in Philadelphia and just signed up with D*. I am a huge baseball fan. The Phillies televise most of their games on Comcast which isnt carried. The Braves are off TBS. The Mets and Yankees have their own channels.
What would signing up for sportspak give me? Would I get all of the out of town comcast networks? Would I get any more games? Would I receive the Yes network?
IS EI my only hope? I just dont understand what channels sportspak would give me.

OK I am in Philadelphia and just signed up with D*. I am a huge baseball fan. The Phillies televise most of their games on Comcast which isnt carried. The Braves are off TBS. The Mets and Yankees have their own channels.
What would signing up for sportspak give me? Would I get all of the out of town comcast networks? Would I get any more games? Would I receive the Yes network?
IS EI my only hope? I just dont understand what channels sportspak would give me.

The Sportspack doesn't carry pro games of any kind except for your local teams. You would need the EI package for baseball.

The sportspack will allow you to get every regional sports network, however, you will be blacked out of all pro games (other then your area team) unless you order the sports package for the sport you are interested in.

The sportspack will allow you to get every regional sports network, however, you will be blacked out of all pro games (other then your area team) unless you order the sports package for the sport you are interested in.

You cannot order a sports package (Sport Pack) for an area other than your own.
As you've mentioned, you will get all the other RSN's (normally all the same programming) until the games are on, then they will be blacked out (Pro) except for your own area.

Jimbo

..and PeachtreeTV (aka WPCH) is owned and operated by TBS

Formally WJRJ, WTCG, and YES, WTBS

Turner Broadcasting rebranded WTBS as Peachtree TV, with new call letters, WPCH-TV. As a result of this, the nationwide version of TBS, which was blacked-out in the Atlanta market, became available to cable and satellite viewers in the market for the first time. Peachtree TV, with the notable exception of Braves Baseball, generally broadcasts lower quality and less expensive, syndicated programming.

Shame on them for using that call sign; PCH is the most recognizable as Pacific Coast Highway; ARGH!

Some side notes of interest:

# The cable TBS was mostly a simulcast of WTBS, except for TV commercials, some locally-produced public-affairs programming on Saturday mornings, and certain special events. Unlike WTBS, the national TBS is not obligated to carry public affairs or educational "E/I" programming for children, because it is a cable channel, and thus exempted from FCC broadcast requirements. The current lineup, as "Peachtree TV", is now completely separate from that of TBS. It includes a nightly movie, various sitcoms, a double run of the game show Temptation, and a one-hour simulcast of Turner-owned Headline News at 6am.

# FCC regulations often caused unusual requirements for a nationally distributed local television station. If a technical failure of the Atlanta local transmitter forced the station to go off the air locally, the national version was required to cease transmission to the satellite also, until the local problem was resolved.

# The name "Peachtree TV" is derived from Peachtree Street (Atlanta's main street), and the large number of other streets in Atlanta having "Peachtree" as part of their names in some form or other.

# The channel 17 analog transmitter is located at 1018 West Peachtree Street NW (in midtown Atlanta), with the antenna located on a large self-supporting TV tower which can be seen to the east side of the Downtown Connector. WNNX FM 99.7 ("99X") was located on this tower, and still maintains it as a full-power backup. Its sister station WWWQ FM also has a low-power backup here.

# The building at this site was once home to the TV studios of WAGA-TV and later channel 17, during the WJRJ years. Soon after being purchased by Turner, the studios were moved to the former Progressive Club site a few blocks west at 1050 Techwood Drive. The Techwood Drive studios also served as the studio facilities for WTBS' Saturday evening wrestling programs Georgia Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling, as well as the original home of CNN. WPCH still uses the building to this day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts