Congrats to Iceberg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
From my point of view Iceberg winning "Satellite guy of the Year" was probably the the most obvious result to anyone that has ever read these forums. No disrespect to the other Mods that are all terrific, but Iceberg answers the same questions day after day without a sarcastic response and in a timely manner. All he would have to say about 80 percent of the time is "do a search" and you'll find your answer, but he goes through the process of answering the question and not making you feel inferior whether you are a newbie or a veteran. That is quite a character trait. I know he has helped me many times and I want to thank him. Thanks for making everyone feel welcome here Tony .........you are the man...............MK

Yep, I was gonna post a congrats here, as this is really his "home".
Hey Ice, I need some sort of "keys" to get my Coolsat to get the $$$$ channels, I am a noob, so since you are the sat guy of the year, can you help a fella out???:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks guys for your kind words
I just remember (and Pete can attest to this), when I first got into FTA (it will be 2 years next month) Satelliteguys didn’t have a FTA section. We had to use the “General Satellite” section and there were only a few of us. Then Scott gave us the FTA area as a trial run to see how it would work. (I found the original posts from 6/1/04)..That gave us our own area (now mind you it was at the bottom of the page below Sky Angel, Satellite Radio and all other forums). Funny story on how I (and Pete) became mods. There was a rash of hack posts about the Pansat 2500 (this is when that unit was the “mack stealing daddy” of pirates so Scott basically said “no Pansat posts period”. They were banning the word Pansat. Since I had a Pansat that was legal (as did a few of us) we thought that wasn’t right and I offered to be a mod to help out the area. Well, that’s how both of us became mods….and we been helping people ever since : )
I like to think of the FTA area here as family and not like other boards. Other boards say “do a search for your answer”. Sorry, don’t believe in that because stuff changes.
So once again Thanks guys!
By the way I just looked at some of those old posts and man they were corny.

way to go ... i knew you were going to win it... it was the logical answer to the puzzle..

you are one of the best...and a heck of a nice guy..

In 4 + years of posting or so at the latest version of DBSForums (after the software upgrades where we had to re-register and before that at DBSDish), I have 8,000 + posts the last time I looked. Some of those aren't that exciting and take up some time...I don't know how you can get 11,000 posts + in 2 years and you don't have the internet at home. That's a lot of posting at work. :) Congrats! I know you have helped me out a lot and I appreciate it.

:hatsoff: Tony,
You deserved it!! No question on judgement!! Congratulations! Keep up the good work :clap :clap :clap

More Kudos to ya Ice... But next time tell them to keep the titles and remember you with an Xbox! (have you SEEN what those things are going for) ;-)

I am a noob and I haven't post anything yet but I have learned all of my knowledge about FTA from here. I just want take advantage of this forum to congrats Iceberge and thank PSB for thier helps. You are great guys. Thanks a lot!

Truly desersed!! Congrat Mr. Icy...

Spend that $$ on new dishes/motors/receivers and give us more preview... (Just kidding).

Congrat again!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)