"Congratulations you are pointed at the 61.5 Orbital Location" ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coolbreeze

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Easton, PA
So, I found a channel that displays this:

Any idea what on earth this is for? Yes, I have a sat pointed at 61.5...no, I've never seen this channel before (until tonight). :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_0002-1.jpg
    IMG_0002-1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,313
Confirmation

coolbreeze said:
So, I found a channel that displays this:

Any idea what on earth this is for? Yes, I have a sat pointed at 61.5...no, I've never seen this channel before (until tonight). :confused:

It's just for confirmation that the dish is pointed at the correct sat. The more sats that are being used in the system then the easier it is to have screen like this for the correct bird.

They dont have this for 119 do they? What makes it confusing is that they show on the screen on 110 "congratulations you have a Dish500" when in fact the customer may have a SuperDish or Dish1000 unless they have changed that screen since the last time I saw it.

no there's not one for 119, they have the channel 101 for that. They do need to redo the one on 110 as you say because there are lots of dishes, not just the dish500, that can get that one.

They should have one for 119 too. The Dish500 one is goofy because as noted, you can have Superdish or Dish500/1000+

But its good they added those so people know where their dish is located :)