Connect component to receiver wirelessly...need ideas!

David Taylor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
OK. I have a Dish Network receiver in the bedroom. We have an older stereo receiver in the master bath (just on the other side of the wall from our bedroom TV). My wife likes to listen to music when she gets ready in the morning. Normally she just tunes the receiver to local radio and is good to go. However, her favorite station ceased operation recently. She asked me last night if there was a good way to listen to the Sirius stations (off of the Dish receiver) through the stereo in the bathroom.

That may have been a bit confusing, but here is the part I need help with: What is the simplest/most cost effective way to get the audio from the Dish Network receiver in the bedroom to the stereo in the bathroom. Here are the options that I've come up with:

1) Punch a hole through the wall and run the audio out from the Dish receiver through the wall and into the bathroom. This is simple, but fairly labor intensive. Plus it will be more work to make it look nice.

2) Get some sort of AC powered FM transmitter and broadcast the audio from the Dish receiver to an FM channel and tune to it on the stereo. This would likely work, but I've been shocked at how difficult it is to find an AC-powered FM transmitter. Everything appears to be battery or 12V cigarette-lighter powered. I've found a select few AC-powered models, but they are pretty expensive.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or do you know of a decent (and cheap) FM transmitter than works off of AC power? I don't want to have to replace batteries every week.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)