Connect Joey2 to bluetooth soundbar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Here in my outdoor gazebo, I have a joey feeding a 55" Samsung TV. The sound is heard fine, but at times (landscaper mowers and overhead small planes) it's tough to hear well. I thought about getting the Joey USB dongle and connecting a bluetooth soundbar in the opposite wall of the TV; it is 22 feet away. I can runan optica cable through the roof, but that's just a lot more e work.
Plus, I can connect a phone to the soundbar to play music.

1. Will this work?
2. Will the soundbar play the sound slightly delayed aftrr the tv, resulting in a slight echo effect?

I don't use a soundbar, but I do have the bluetooth dongle that I use with a Joey 2. The Joey is in my bedroom and I put a small bluetooth speaker in my master bathroom just to listen to the morning sports shows and sometimes Pandora while I get ready and shower. There is a slight delay even being very close to the dongle.

Reactions: NABRIL
A better solution is to use the Soundbar over bluetooth directly from the TV, there should be no delay or a setting to fix any delay.

A better solution is to use the Soundbar over bluetooth directly from the TV, there should be no delay or a setting to fix any delay.

So you're saying to connect the soundbar via bluetooth directly to my Samsung TV's and not use the bluetooth of the Joey? Ok. I think that my TV has a bluetooth connector.
Won't there still be a slight delay of sound? And if the soundbar is connected via bluetooth, do the TV speakers still produce output?

2. Will the soundbar play the sound slightly delayed aftrr the tv, resulting in a slight echo effect?
Anytime there are two sound sources (speakers) you will have artifacts resulting from the relative distance from each speaker to your ears. 20 feet is enough to resolve two discrete sounds. If your viewing position is close to the rear speakers, you would want some delay to align it with the sound from the TV speakers. Moving a few feet either way will require a different delay. Plus the sound will appear to come from behind you rather than from the TV.

I would suggest using JUST the sound bar located closer to your seating area.

Speakers in most TVs and sound bars don't get very loud and a 20 foot distance would make them appear quieter still. Another solution might be larger speakers than a sound bar mounted either side of the TV that can be turned up to overcome the sounds you speak of. The speakers could potentially be mounted over your seating area if you don't mind sound not coming from where the picture is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)