Connect Sat to DP322 (maybe a stupid Q)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tjzsm

Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Hello, I am really new here and just have my dish installed by a dishnetwork tech. What he did was to mix my cable internet/TV (from Cox) with sat by using a few diplexers. I can't fully understand his wiring since most of my cables are inside the wall. However everything is working fine. By looking at the backpanel of the receiver DP322 (dual tuners) I found he got both sat-in 1 and sat-in 2 connected to cables. My question is that do I have to connect both sat-in (1, 2) to the dp34 in order to use two TVs or one sat input is enough for 2 TVs? He did run two cables from the dp34 down to my house. I am thinking if one cable is good enough for two TVs so I can use the other one for an additional receiver otherwise I have to get on roof to run an extra cable. My hardwares are Dish 500+, DP34, DP322.

Thanks,

The 322 receiver is a dual tuner receiver, and each tuner is like a separate receiver with each requiring its own satellite feed.

Dual tuner receivers could be feed with a single cable, that feeds into a DPP Separator, and then into the receiver's 2 ports (Sat-in 1 & Sat-in 2). However, in order for this single cable scheme to work, the sat signals must come from either a DPP Twin LNBF, or a DPP44 Switch. (There will be other devices in the future.)

EDIT:
So in your case, that is, with a Dish 500+ (110/118.7/119) dish, DP34 switch, and a 322 receiver; you could swap out the DP34 with a DPP44. Then with the two current cables connected to the DPP44, you could feed two receivers, either single tuners, dual tuners, or one of each.

The DPP44, cost about $170 - $200. I think the DPP Separator is about $10, but I think you may have gotten one with the 322 unless the installer removed all excess parts.

NOTE: If you go this route, the DPP44 requires a Power Inserter which sends power up the coax cable to the DPP44 Receiver Port 1. You need to be careful with diplexers and other items installed on this feed.

If you were not using the Dish 500+ to get 118.7, and just a regular Dish 500, you could swap the DP Twin with a DPP Twin, instead of using the DPP44.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts