connect to computer

lfitz

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
Does anyone know if there is a way to connect the receiver to a computer so you can use a DVD recorder on the computer to burn recorded programs?

Or is there anyway to get the recorded stuff of of the receiver without a DVD recorder hooked to the tv?

Just through A/V connections, and capturing on the computer. If possible with your computer's hardware, use the optical audio and S-Video connections for best quality.

TuxCoder said:
Just through A/V connections, and capturing on the computer. If possible with your computer's hardware, use the optical audio and S-Video connections for best quality.
I believe you may need a tv tuner to capture any thing on your pc. After doing some research on this I gave up on this because of customer reviews and cost involved. I was thinking of doing by simply buying a dvd recorder. Then we can load on to computer and do whatever needed, I mean if needed editing etc.

As an experiment, I hooked the RF for TV2 through an old VCR that acted only as a tuner. Using composite from the VCR to my Sony camcorder, which has an AV/DV pass through feature, I was able to use Firewire to copy video my Mac - iMovie to edit and iDVD to burn all with existing equipment.

Picture quality was fine in my opinion - sound was only mono because of the old VCR.

A DVD recorder would be much simpler.

clearcut said:
As an experiment, I hooked the RF for TV2 through an old VCR that acted only as a tuner. Using composite from the VCR to my Sony camcorder, which has an AV/DV pass through feature, I was able to use Firewire to copy video my Mac - iMovie to edit and iDVD to burn all with existing equipment.

Picture quality was fine in my opinion - sound was only mono because of the old VCR.

A DVD recorder would be much simpler.
I do the same thing too, but I use the TV2 A/V outputs directly from the 522 to my Canon camcorder. Much better quality using A/V and skipping the VCR step.

I have my 811 composite a/v outputs hooked up to my Sony VAIO PC which has Windows Media Center Edition OS. I have an IR blaster hooked up as well so i can control the 811 with my VAIO remote control. I can watch or record any Dish channel and if i want to archive it to dvd, my pc has a dvd burner. My set up works well; however a tivo with built in dvd recorder like Toshiba makes would be a hell of a lot easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)