Connecticut users: Do you get locals in HD?

bakesalee

Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
I plugged in my address for availability of locals, and it said I got all the locals but only the ones that had "HD" listed got them in HD. Well the list given only stated network affiliation and it's local name "WTKD" but no "HD."

No HD locals for Connecticut yet.

Dish Network announced last week that they would be available in April, and I still believe this to be the case even with this weekends AMC-14 failure as those channels are scheduled to be delivers by the Rainbow 1 Spot Beam satellite which is already in space.

Thanks for the super fast reply. Looks like I'll wait until this is sorted out. If by any chance my Phoenix Suns make the finals for the first time since 1993, there's absolutely no way I can stomach watching it in SD on ABC.

Depending where you are in CT you should be able to pick up most if not all the major networks OTA. I'm lucky enough to be able to use an indoor antenna to receive them in HD now and when they're available from Dish it will be a bonus.....

How does an OTA antenna work? My old roomate brought one home and it had a coaxial input. How do you get HDTV over a coaxial input? The only thing "HD" about the broadcast we watched was 16:9 ratio, but other than that looked like old school bunny-ear antenna TV.

How does an OTA antenna work? My old roomate brought one home and it had a coaxial input. How do you get HDTV over a coaxial input? The only thing "HD" about the broadcast we watched was 16:9 ratio, but other than that looked like old school bunny-ear antenna TV.

If the signals are strong enough, the bunny-ear antenna will do just fine. If your picture was 16:9, it might have been hd. Was it supposed to be? If not, it could have been stretched sd, which does look bad most of the time. Wait for a network program and check it out again. I'll bet you will be impressed. Also, make sure the picture settings for contrast are turned down to about 50%.

I'm in Waterbury and get some of my locals in HD using a $49 Radio Shack digital HD antanna that I set on the roof. Problem is reception is not always consistent and I can not get all the locals. Getting them through Dish would be a huge advantage in this area with lots of hills.

About the comment for CT locals in April, What's the source? I had not heard of this and I've been keeping an eye on it. Would be great!

I'm in Waterbury and get some of my locals in HD using a $49 Radio Shack digital HD antanna that I set on the roof. Problem is reception is not always consistent and I can not get all the locals. Getting them through Dish would be a huge advantage in this area with lots of hills.

About the comment for CT locals in April, What's the source? I had not heard of this and I've been keeping an eye on it. Would be great!
From the retailer chat last week:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1268112-post4.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)