Connecting dp quad lnb to 625 dpp rcvr

dje1024

Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. My cousin has a dish 500 with a dp quad lnb and a dpp dvr625 rcvr. She moved and took her equipment with her. She tried to hook it back up but when she did it wouldn't work. I tried to help her but I'm not sure how to run the wires. There are 4 cables coming off the lnb and she has for diplexers I believe that is what they are called(dpd2), and she has another dual tuner rcvr that is dpp(sorry I don't remember the model). How should these be wired to get it to work?

The 625 requires two lines from the LNB
Actually both receivers (if dual tuner) require 2 lines each from the LNB since the LNB is DishPro

Ok I understand that but how would I wire the diplexers to only have 2 lines running into the house instead of four.

are they diplexers or are they Separators? What does it say on the switch?

To only need one cable per receiver you need a DishProPlus Twin LNB

Sorry but I don't know the difference. they have 3 prongs, one says sat, one says vhf/uhf, one says in/out. They were hooked up before in a way that 2 cables came into the house, I am just not sure how to hook them back up, she disconnected everything when she moved it. I am just trying to get it hooked back up so that it will work for her, so far I have had no luck.

I realize now that she was wrong about how it was hooked up, we drove to her old house and looked at where the cables connected and I see how the diplexers were wired(to split signal for 2 tvs). So this brings up another question, if I wanted to connect 1 rcvr to 1 tv would I then just run 2 wires into the sat 1 and sat 2 inputs, and does it matter which 2 wires from the lnb I connect to the rcvr?

Last edited:
dje1024,

With the DPP you would need to run separate cables from the LNB to the receiver; satellite 119 would go to Sat 1 in and 110 to Sat 2. If you have 2 receivers, you would need a switch (DPP 33). You might go back to the old house to see if you can find that switch.

Iceberg is right. You would use all 4 cables from a quad to the two duo receivers. You may use any of these 4 lines for the TV2 backfeed using diplexers. (Note that diplexers work in pairs.)

If you want to use only a single coax per receiver, then you have two options. (1) Replace the quad with a DPP twin, or (2) add a switch such as the DPP33.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)