Connecting dual receivers to DP34

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdez

Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
FL
Hi guys,
Can I connect 4 dual receivers to 1 DP34 switch or would I need a 2nd DP34? If I need a 2nd switch can I connect a DP33 to a DP34?
I currently have a 722 and a 625, but a friend is selling me 2 322 and I been researching how to add these receivers to my current set up. I have 2 dish 500 with one cable going from the single lnb to the twin Lnbs and then 2 cables from the twin down to the receivers.

2 3x4 dp switch will do but if you can find a dp 44 switch would be better as each box will only need one line to feed the dual tuner via the seperator and you can put 4 dual boxes on one switch

I would agree with rocket69, getting a dpp44 switch would be a better solution than getting another DP34 and it shouldn't cost too much. Keep in mind though that the DPP44 is a powered switch unlike the DP34 so you will need to remember to hook up the power inserter. Also note that with that many dual tuner receivers on one account it'd be a good idea to hook them all into phone lines (or ethernet in the case of the 722k) otherwise there's a reasonably good chance that you'll have to deal with the audit team.

I also ran a DP34 cascaded to a DPP33 for years w/o problem. These are much more affordable than a DPP44.

2 3x4 dp switch will do but if you can find a dp 44 switch would be better as each box will only need one line to feed the dual tuner via the seperator and you can put 4 dual boxes on one switch

Thank you rocket69, I think this is the way to go because of the single wire to each receiver. Very much appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)