Connecting satworks 3186 to drake 1724 c/ku band system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I just picked up a satworks 3618 and i am trying to figure out how to connect it with my analog c/ku reciever. The analog reciever is a drake 1724, and is about 10 years old, so i dont think diseqc is part of its vocabulary.

I was told to "slave" the satworks to the drake, but i am unsure how to do it.

The drake does not have a loop out feature. The only coax outputs are tv out and 140 mhz out/ in. The manual says that the 140 mhz is for a TI filter. There is a composite output for othere descramblers (the manual said MAC?) The inputs for the drake include seperate inputs for both c and ku band lmbs. The drake receiver is what i will be using to position my dish.

The satworks 3618 on the other hand has loop out coax, but only has 1 lnb input, and is incapable of positioning my dish.

So here is my question. How do i connect a dual lnb system to work seemlessly with both the satworks (dvb) and the drake (analog)? i am sure i need some switches, but am unsure as to the "who, what, when, where and why" of it all.

I did manage to get my dish pole mount set up this weekend, just so ya'll know two 40 gallon barrels welded together need 17 80# bags of concrete to fill ;) Now i am just waiting for the concrete to cure and i can actually put my pole and dish up, which i will probably do next sunday. Then the real fun begins :)

get 2 high frequency splitters (rated for 2200mhz..not the regular ones) and split the lines..if both ports have a power pass, get a DC block
run one line to the c-band
run the 2nd line (with the dc block on it) to the DVB receiver
combine the 2 lines for the DVB with a diseqc switch

The analog receiver moves it and controls the polarity.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick answers. I looked at the diagram and now the wiring and swiches make sense, but i still have a question. With the analog reciever controlling polarity, does that mean i have to tune the analog receiver to the channel i want, and then tune the satworks to the same channel? im kinda confused on that on lol

just the polarity has to be changed...so if you are on G10 (as an exammple) the odds are vertical and evens are Horizontal. just put the unit on a vertical channel and you'd all be set :)

ahhhhhhhh so if i progam 1 vert. and on hor. channel for each satallite into the analog receiver, all i have do is tell the analog to tune to a hor. channel to get all hor channels on that satellite thru the satworks, and a vert. channel to do the same with vert channels on that same satellite.

If i find i never want to use the analog reciever, can i then use the satworks to control polarity, while the analog only positions the dish?

I guess that ideally i would like to use some type of a/b switch to switch in between which reciever is controlling polarity, depending on whether i am watching analog or digital, then all i have to do is change channels on one reciever.

I dont know about C-Band, but unless the receiver is needed to control the polarity, you shouldnt have to.

If it does require the unit to control polarity, all you need to do is check Lyngsat for which satellites use what channels for polarity

Most satellites use odds for veritcal...G11 is an exception.

turn to a channel (doesnt even have to be legit..just so the polarity can change)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)