Connecting two HR24's to DSL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lcsenn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I am planning on using two HR24's in my install. The installer advised me that only one HR24 needed to be connected to DSL as the second would be fed through the coax that is connected to the LNB. Is that the case?

I am planning on using two HR24's in my install. The installer advised me that only one HR24 needed to be connected to DSL as the second would be fed through the coax that is connected to the LNB. Is that the case?

Neither gets connected directly (if the ethernet port is used, it disables DECA). The installer needs to add a DECA converter plus power inserter connected to the coax splitter and your network router.

Well, it sort of might work the way the installers described it. If its a SWiM setup, and he's connected one receiver to the internet, the other receiver can transmit PPV and other information to the first one via the SWiM inband low speed network.

At least I think it works that way. Never tried it.

Cant do VOD and MRV with it without the DECA stuff though, obviously.

Well, it sort of might work the way the installers described it. If its a SWiM setup, and he's connected one receiver to the internet, the other receiver can transmit PPV and other information to the first one via the SWiM inband low speed network.

At least I think it works that way. Never tried it.

Cant do VOD and MRV with it without the DECA stuff though, obviously.

I suppose he could use ethernet for the internet connection (which would disable DECA), but that's not the way the system is intended to be used. The installer should have known better.

I suppose he could use ethernet for the internet connection (which would disable DECA), but that's not the way the system is intended to be used. The installer should have known better.

I think the real issue is with CSR's not asking, or not putting another deca, and PI for that matter, on work orders. That way, when the installer gets out to the customer's house, they have what they need to put it all together right.

That is if the installer knows what he is doing, of course.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts