Connection of two HDTV's from Dish 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fredinva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
The Dish 811 manual says that if using DVI, the component cables are disabled.

Okay, if I get a second HDTV (smaller for the bedroom) can I use dual components? That is, use RG6 with f-connectors and rca adapters and split the signal near the 811 and run the second component set about 40 feet to TV2 for HD there also??

fred

811 will do both DVI and component at the same time. Just verified. Half and half split screen with DVI on one side and component on the other at the same time. :)

Fredinva said:
The Dish 811 manual says that if using DVI, the component cables are disabled.
The manual really says that? They're so clueless at Dish. One of the most popular advertised "features" of the 811 is that all outputs are hot simultaneously.

I've been using both HD outputs since day 1. DVI to the TV, and Component to the PJ.

I just did mine last weekend. I used 25ft component/5cable for sound and video for DLP upstairs. And i have dvi hooked up to my DLP downstairs... Works like a charm.

Thanks for the replies.

Well, yeah, The manual, page 11, under YPbPr Component Connectors, has a note: "This output conection is not active if DVI-HDTV/DISHDVI is connected to a DVI display device".

Obviously the manual is wrong, and both DVI and component are active simultaneously.

pmlance - glad it is working for you. Now to find a nice 27" lcd for the bedroom. (actually saw a 'Westinghouse' next to a panny at BB the other day. The W looked great, esp. at $1099

fred

chevyN8 said:
811 will do both DVI and component at the same time. Just verified. Half and half split screen with DVI on one side and component on the other at the same time. :)
And how did they compare to one another?

My TV seems to like DVI better. Color reproduction looks better with the DVI. I have heard that component looks better on a RP CRT based TV, but not in my case.

Connections

I have my DVI going to my TV and the S-Video going to my Sony recorder and then back into the tv, doing this allows me to watch in 420P if I want wich on a non HD channel looks great. It is the DVI and Component that don't work at the same time iether one or the other.

hdtv 2003,

The above posters say they do work (dvi and component) at the same time!!!!!

fred

The error in the manual is most likely a hold-over from the writing of the 921 manual. The exclusive use of the HD outputs is a quirk of the 921, not the 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts