Connection question

scootervb

Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
CA
I have one dish hooked up to two receivers (VIP 722 x2). Do these have dedicated lines to each receiver? If I have problems with one connection, will it effect the other? I disconnected one receiver and lost the signal to the other receiver. is this normal?

Im having some issues and trying to troubleshoot this.

thanks

Please bear with me. I do not know all the technical terms, so i will be using my neewbie descriptions.

So, yesterday, my i lost my signal, sometimes completely, sometimes partial. I really dont think my dish moved, but let me try to explain whats going on

I went up to take a look at my dish, and all looks good, still very sturdy. but before i start moving it around, i thought i might get some expert advise.

first, my setup
I have one dish (1000) hooked up to two receivers (VIP 722 x2).

Receiver1
Point Dish:
110 - "Locked - Name not acquired" 68 strength(green) and sometimes says
"Locked - EchoStar 110 West" 68 strength(green)
119 - "Wrong Sat - EchoStar 110 West" 68 strength(red)
129 - "Locked - Name not acquired" 49-59 strength(green) and sometimes says
"Wrong Sat - EchoStar 110 West"

Receiver2
Point Dish:
110 - "Not Locked - Name Not Acquired" and sometimes says
"Wrong SAT - Echostar 119 West
119 - "Locked - EchoStar 119 West 70 strength(green)
129 - "Not Locked - Name Not Acquired" and sometimes says
"Wrong SAT - Echostar 119 West

I have tried the "check switch" multiple times. Unplug the receiver, unplug the coax cables, re-check, plug coax back in, re-check. I'm not sure if "check switch" needs to be done in a certain order between the two receivers. Receiver2 is set to "Alternate", and never completes a full "check switch", it always hangs on the last check. Also, when checking swith, "satellite input 1 always checks really fast compared to satellite2. Also, I havent "checked switch" with all cable disconnected between all receivers, yet.

I do have some extra LNBF(if those are the "eye ball" looking things)

any ideas would help greatly

After running "check switch" on receiver1, the message "One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly. Normal operations will be adversely affected" appears.

swapped-out the LNBF andall looks to be working properly. glad i had an extra one laying around. how and why do these things go bad?

I kind of liked the Gremlin, but it wasn't being produced during WWII. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts