Connectivity!!

NIC = network interface card
MAC ID = A Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment. MAC addresses are used for numerous network technologies and most IEEE 802 network technologies including Ethernet.

I am interested in how you use your iPhone for the first call back. I'm not a veteran installer by any means (about 6 months with direct then I moved and now about 3 with dish) but I would really like to know more.

I think connectivity % is stupid. In my area (SE Kansas) almost no one has a land line or high speed internet. Most access the web with their cell phones. I get maybe a couple of connectivities a month. My boss actually called 16 of my customers and confirmed he could not get a single one of them connected! He thought I was full of s*** at first.

Dish wants 100% connectivity, it is possible. If that's what they want they need to provide the infrastructure for the 2 way communications. Otherwise it's just a pipe dream thinking all customers have a land line or an available ethernet port on a router. To be quite honest it is just bad pr to offer 1 customer perks that has internet & nothing to 1 who does not. D* is just as guilty also. "Get over 6000 shows & movies at no extra charge". What if I don't have internet, or I do have internet, but only a modem & no router? Technology is far enough advanced that there is no reason these 2 behemoths with their billions in profit can't find a way to deliver what they advertise & get the disclosures out of the fine print & put it in the bold.

I think connectivity % is stupid. In my area (SE Kansas) almost no one has a land line or high speed internet. Most access the web with their cell phones. I get maybe a couple of connectivities a month. My boss actually called 16 of my customers and confirmed he could not get a single one of them connected! He thought I was full of s*** at first.

I completely agree!!!! It's a double edged blade your gonna get cut weather you do or don't have connectivity or the customer creates a service call ( because they cant operate there tv) without consulting the direct cell phone number you left them no matter what it's the tech's fault. I use to work in Wichita and they frequently sent me to Dodge and Garden city, so know your responder pain.

All we can do is connect when possible and try and find way's to beat the system when we can. That's why I asked how the other guy used his iPhone to get a responder,

Tons rides on connectivity. -signal threshold as well.

Sometimes it's harder to connect than it is to find line of sight.

I lmao when they said 70% as a shop average. I think my shop averages half that. Also, I think dish doesn't record them all of the time. My rcvr shows it's not connected to bb and I assure you it is.