Please reply by conversation.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
Hi,I am thinking long and hard about subscribing to DIRECTV.I have looked at alot of info in the forums on this site.Great site,by the way.:up :) I have looked into different options for new subs to DIRECTV.It seems the best offer that I have found is by calling one of their toll free numbers at DTV.The offer that I am considering is as follows.I would get 2 H20 receivers installed for $199,Total Choice with HBO,Starz and Showtime for $29.99 for the first 3 months,free HD pack for the first 3 months.I asked the person that I talked to if I would own this equipment or would this be a lease.The reply was that I would own the equipment.I am wondering if there are any offers better than this currently.Thanks for any help,comments and suggestions in advance.:)

Are they giving you any SD recievers? I think Owning the equipment is a better deal so if I were you I would make up your mind ASAP and order while you can still get an install date THIS MOUNTH!!!!

That offer is about as good as it gets. Keep in mind you will be lock into a
two year agreement and one year commitment to HBO,STarz and Showtime.

TulsaCoker said:
That offer is about as good as it gets. Keep in mind you will be lock into a
two year agreement and one year commitment to HBO,STarz and Showtime.
We have all heard of commitments for Total Choice/Para Todos programming, never have I heard of a commitment for Premium services. Cancel and add at will via the website.

Tonedeaf said:
We have all heard of commitments for Total Choice/Para Todos programming, never have I heard of a commitment for Premium services. Cancel and add at will via the website.
Thanks for the replies.In regards to the HBO,Starz and Showtime,I was told that I could drop those channels after the first 3 months,if I choose to do that.It would be a two year committment to Total Choice programming though.No SD receivers are included in the offer.This is for a two room HD installation.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the replies and suggestions.:up :)

Another question that I have is,can anyone tell me what cables/accessories come with the H20 receivers?Is there an HDMI or DVI cable included in the packaging?I have a 42" LG Plasma in the living room and a 32" JVC Widescreen in the bedroom.The JVC does not have the HDMI or DVI capability built in,it does however have the red,green and blue coded jacks to connect to an HD receiver.And one more question,do these receivers have OTA tuners built into them?If they do have OTA tuners,can anyone say how the reception of their locals OTA look?Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
You won't get a HDMI or DVI cable in the H20 box. Radio Shack have good quality HDMI cables at a reasonable price. Digital is digital so no need to over buy.

steve615 said:
Another question that I have is,can anyone tell me what cables/accessories come with the H20 receivers?Is there an HDMI or DVI cable included in the packaging?I have a 42" LG Plasma in the living room and a 32" JVC Widescreen in the bedroom.The JVC does not have the HDMI or DVI capability built in,it does however have the red,green and blue coded jacks to connect to an HD receiver.And one more question,do these receivers have OTA tuners built into them?If they do have OTA tuners,can anyone say how the reception of their locals OTA look?Thanks again. :)

The best cable prices I have found are at svideo.com.
They have (had?) free shipping, too.

Gatobrit said:
You won't get a HDMI or DVI cable in the H20 box. Radio Shack have good quality HDMI cables at a reasonable price. Digital is digital so no need to over buy.

yes you do get advanced cables with the h-10 and the h-20.

you get composite, component, hdmi to dvi adaptor cables.

they come right in the box. the adaptor cable is branded tyco.

Last edited:
I got my HDMI 6 foot cabl online MUCH cheaper than any local retailer had one. 30 bucks sorry the reciept did not have he name of the company on it but it was the "setp up cable" and makes a solid conection to the H20 and the tv:D , something cheap cables have trouble with:eek:. Just do a google search for HDMI cables or better yet use one of the sponsers of this site!!!

cables

steve615 said:

The BEST prices on cable I have found is www.monoprice.com
You can get a good HDMI for under $10.00

For deals on directv, check out

www.rapidsatellite.com/a.asp?rapidsat&10212

Thanks again for the comments and help. :)

It doesn't pay to spend alot of $$ on receiving equipment and go cheap on your cables. I'm not saying to go high hog on cables, but I would definitely stay away from a $10 HDMI cable.

wolfman said:
It doesn't pay to spend alot of $$ on receiving equipment and go cheap on your cables. I'm not saying to go high hog on cables, but I would definitely stay away from a $10 HDMI cable.
i agree with wolf..........i bought one on ebay for 10 and it worked but didn't pass the signal as well as the 30 dollar one i bought at RS. don't know the difference though

Took the plunge

Well,I became a new DIRECTV customer a little while ago.I posted a new thread in regards to it,named A Steal Of A Deal,if you would like to check it out.To make a long story short,it was some adventure,but,it was definitely worth the wait and hassle for me.The new thread explains it. :up :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)