Constant signal loss on 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's lnbf failure, if it was bad cable then he would have problems on the other sats aswell, if it was a bad mount then repeat on all sats, satellite specific is almost always lnbf and or switch failure and sometimes receiver wich we can rule out here.

Go to the dish if you can touch it, take a phillips screw driver and on the bottom side you should find one or two screws to remove from the bottom only, theres a third that has a nut on the bottom that you should leave alone. Take the two out and carefully pull the lnbf out and check the cable connection on the one thats on the left ( east) side of the cluster, if its loose then tighten it and do the same for all of them, if not then put it back together and call dish for a trouble call for a failing lnbf.

I have this same problem, along with someone else (I know of) here in San Antonio. I'm gonna venture a guess and say the mounts are fine and the cabling is good.

vs pro problem

missing channels and can't detect both satelite, i got 2 lnb used to get 110 and 119 , but now only 110 need help please any one?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of satellite TV (well, 6 months... but I never messed with anything to learn).

I have Dish Network with the Vip 622 HD DVR connected to my Toshiba 47" HDTV via HDMI. Everything was fine and dandy until a couple of weeks ago when all the channels after channel 11 (local service) stopped working (up to 240, all the HD channels work fine). When I tuned into them, I would get the Acquiring Satellite Signal screen (for Satellite 119) for a few minutes, then go to the Error 002 screen.

So last Sunday, I called Dish and the representative who wouldn't even let me tell her the troubleshooting steps that I had taken, walked me through restarting the receiver several times, going through Check Switch and the Acquiring Signal screens when she concluded that the Receiver was bad and that they would have to send me a new one.

So, I get the new receiver on Thursday and try to set it up today. I hook up everything, follow instructions, get the receiver activated and try to go to the same channels (CNN for example, on channel 200 for me) and I'm still having the same problem. I restart the receiver (even power cycle it) a couple of times, run Check Switch several times and sit through dozens of Acquiring Satellite Signal screens with no use! CNN shows up for about 30 seconds, then disappears giving me the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" screen, eventually taking me to the Error 002 message. It's like Satellite 119 is playing hide and seek with me.

At this point you can imagine how frustrated I am, so I call up Dish again and this time explain to them that I did everything that they would ask me to do at least three times so she suggests that they would have to send out a technician for an additional $30. I mean come on!!! I didn't break it on purpose now did I? Why would I have to pay to get their service for which I am already paying for? :mad:

So I refused and now I am here, hoping someone could provide me with a solution.

The receiver has Firmware version 448 and I'm only having problems with 119, in case that info is needed.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Got to the menu and select 6,1,3 (system info) let it test and see if it shows an error like "lnb drift" If so it's your lnb.

I assume you've been up and checked the dish to see if it's loose. If you have a 1000+ dish(110,118,119,129) that lnb is very forgiving of the 119 sat, so I would gueess if it's not loose, it's the cable.

I am having same problem, same equipment as original poster. Will be watching a 119 channel, then all of a sudden, it goes to searching for signal screen for 118. Then searching for signal 119 comes up and tv immediately goes back up.

Had a neighbor with a signal meter go up and test. Said 119 was at 100% strength, but he didn't have the other birds on there (he works for dish and they share 119).

I did the 6-1-3 test and it says LNB drift detected...0x0d, oxa1, 129(e -5).

I know steps 1-4 are OK and I will check step 5 loose cables in the morning.

Also satelllites 119 box is green, 110, 129, are red and 118 is blank.

BE SURE TO REPORT IF ANYONE FIGURES THIS OUT!!!

My biggest question is why does the signal loss on 118 message keep coming up? If we are watching a 119 channel, why does it jump to 118? Something else seems up to me. Bad LNB seems like the best answer so far. Is this a problem only on VIP622 ird's? Anyone with another ird baving this problem? Anyone have 2 ird's to test this? Maybe it's a firmware issue? Let's keep this going!!!

Here's something interesting. I cleared the check switch screen by unplugging the line and it did the 50 tests, and the results came up port 1, sat 82, trans red X. Then I hooked it back up and here's the result

TV1
Port 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
Sat 119, Conn, 129, 118
Trans OK, X (not red), OK, OK
Device Dbnd, Sngl,Dual, Dbnd

TV2
Port 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
Sat Conn, 110, 119, Conn
Trans X, OK, OK , X
Device (Same as TV1)

TV1 looks good with my setup except 110 is not picked up on port 2. TV2 however, how did 119 end up on port 3?

By the way, did another test and all is good as far as check switch. I'll check back tomorrow to let you know if problem is still there with the jumping TP's. Which problably will be the case since I've done this Check Switch thing already.

Has anyone got this yet? Here are some things I thought about.

1. I have 1 line coming in the house from the DPP44 switch. Then they go into a splitter for TV1 & TV2. Might need 2 lines coming in. Trying out #2 first.

2. The splitter for TV1 & TV2 was a generic Radio Shack 4 x 1 splitter. I am going to replace it with a DN splitter and see what happens.

Will post results. This might be a place to look on your setups.

3. Wondering if there is a firmware issue involved here with the VIP622. Is this possible?

Has anyone got this yet? Here are some things I thought about.

1. I have 1 line coming in the house from the DPP44 switch. Then they go into a splitter for TV1 & TV2. Might need 2 lines coming in. Trying out #2 first.

2. The splitter for TV1 & TV2 was a generic Radio Shack 4 x 1 splitter. I am going to replace it with a DN splitter and see what happens.

Will post results. This might be a place to look on your setups.

3. Wondering if there is a firmware issue involved here with the VIP622. Is this possible?

Splitter problem. Remove the splitter from any satellite feed line. Many will pass signal "fine" for 6 months to about a year, then they begin to fail.

Splitters have no place in any satellite feed line. You shouldn't need two lines for a 622 if you have a separator at the rear of the unit.

Replaced with a large DN splitter I had and no problems for now. Sorry to DN for the firmware bash! Now the customer service bashing.....that's a different story. You guys are WAY better to ask for problem solving. Thanks to all of you who make this happen and special thanks to Jared for the other thing you did for me. Seems to be working out good finally. I admit I was ready to cuss you out, but I held it in! LOL Now I can finally watch some hoops with no interuptions this weekend.

I encountered a similar issue last night with my system (VIP622). I put the TV on (History Channel) and it ran for about 30 seconds until the yellow "signal lost" screen came up. So I pressed the channel up and the SciFi channel came in fine....for about 30 seconds. This happened over and over. A channel would come in like normal but go away as if the signal were lost after about 30-60 seconds.

So I rebooted the system and still had the problem. Then I did a "check switch." After the "check switch" the problem went away....I think. Here's the catch: I receive my locals OTA with a roof antenna wired to the 622. Now one of my locals (WGGB-Springfield, MA) has the yellow "signal lost" screen. I checked to make sure the station is on the air and it is. I found something odd when I checked the signal strength for that channel. It shows ~90 but is red and says "not locked." Why won't the receiver lock onto that channel with a strength of ~90? All my other OTA locals are working fine, displaying with lower signal strengths of 75-80.

I can't help but think my two problems are related somehow, since both issues involved a present signal that was getting lost. I'm thinking my 622 is going bad. Any suggestions before I call tech?

I don't believe the issues are related. I think your Dish issue was just a glitch or low signal strength.

Your OTA problem is probably TOO MUCH signal on that channel. Add an attenuator or move your antenna a bit to lower the signal.

Numerous posts have been made regarding the 622's and too much signal causing pixellation and drop-out regarding the OTA antenna.

That problem is NOT a 622 issue, it is a digital signal processor (DSP) problem and is common to most digital receivers (your TV also) that we come in contact with. Too much signal is nearly as bad as too little signal.

With the satellite dishes, too much signal isn't ever the problem. You can't get too much signal from the HD satellites. They don't have much to begin with. But with OTA, you can easily get too much signal that will reduce the signal quality and cause pixellation and drop outs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts