Constant signal loss on 61.5

DiverCTH

Original poster
May 2, 2011
Cleveland, TN
So I went through a local independent reseller instead of dealing directly with Dish, and I'm starting to wonder if they're giving me the runaround.

I've been having frequent signal loss on the 61.5 bird (not sure if it's Echo 12 or Echo 15) even after removing a tree that was on the edge of the line-of-sight. The owner of the company says he's been having similar signal loss on the demo setup at the store and also at his home, and swears he'll be on-site tomorrow for sure (his tech's already missed 2 previously scheduled calls).

61.5 gives me single-digits and low teens on most of the transponders with occasional spikes up to 33 that quickly drop back into the teens. The 72 and 77 birds both come in with low 50s, which I understand is normal for the eastern arc.

I've heard several excuses from the reseller that should have started a few threads in here if there were any truth to them, but I'm not sure what options I have available if the installer pulls another no-show tomorrow. I have an old SuperDish that might be able to pick up Ciel 2, but I'll have to do some juggling due to the way my duplex is laid out.

System is a 722K with a DPP separator attached to a 1000.4 on eastern arc.

Sorry to hear about the missed tech visits. That can be super frustrating!

As far as the issue itself, if the LOS issue is for sure corrected with the tree removal, it sounds to me like peaking for signal should work wonders. Tech should be able to handle that in just a few minutes. As far as I know, there are no issues with the signal dropping on 61.5, but it does seem odd that he is having the same problem at the "shop".

I will say that the way the signal is behaving could just be a bad LNBF.

Let me know if you need anything from us, and I will be glad to assist in whatever way I can!

Tony (as usual) brings up a good point. When they come, and hopefully realign the dish, if the problem persists only for 61.5, I would suggest to them if it could be a bad LNBF as a hint to try another one. But I do wonder if enough of the tree was removed?

I re-checked my angles, and the tree was probably in the path of the 77.

The installer finally showed up and it turned out that a tree on the other side of the neighborhood had blown just enough into the path of the 61.5 to block most, but not all of the signal. He moved the pole about 20 feet and I'm back in the mid-50's across the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)