Constantly losing one OTA channel signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nealonb

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I had a Winegard MS200 OTA antenna installed last July before our local (Hartford,CT) CBS affiliate got their new HD tower in order. I get 100% OTA signal on all channels from New Haven to Springfield,MA but get "Searching for Signal" when on CBS-HD (3.1); signal strength jumps all over (0,92,100,0). This is connected to a Samsung TS160. The installer claims it's a network problem, the CBS station is unresponsive. Since this ruins the NFL games I'd like to get this fixed ASAP but I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Great site by the way.......

Sounds like some kind of error is being sent out in their stream. Because it can't lock on the signal even though it is strong. In order to get it you'd probably have to move the antenna a little bit to the left or right. Doing this though will probably cause all your other stations to do what the CBS station is doing now. I have a station in my market that has the same problem, and the only way I get it is by doing what I said above.

Sounds like a multi-path problem to me. Try moving your antenna up, down, left, and right and see if any of those alternate positions improves things. Oh, also with the MS2000, try rotating the boom in quarter turn increments or less. The MS2000 has some directionality even though it is an omni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)