Consumer Reports petition to stop Comcast from setting data caps.

They had a cap before the pandemic...they are just restoring it but and a big but...they are offering a unlimited data plan...so just pay for unlimited data

They had a cap before the pandemic...they are just restoring it but and a big but...they are offering a unlimited data plan...so just pay for unlimited data
They offered it before the pandemic, I had it, xFi Advantage, before that it was $50 for no data cap ( which I also had ), when I switched to xFi it saved me $35 ( $15 was the cost at the time ).

Now it is $25 for xFi ( which includes the modem) or $30 if you use your own modem.

They offered it before the pandemic, I had it, xFi Advantage, before that it was $50 for no data cap ( which I also had ), when I switched to xFi it saved me $35 ( $15 was the cost at the time ).

Now it is $25 for xFi ( which includes the modem) or $30 if you use your own modem.
Sounds bsckwards

There was no cap in CT. This is new for many states in Comcast’s territory.

Comcast has gotten too big for it's britches. It's time for the FCC to step up to the plate and slap them down a peg or two.

Comcast has gotten too big for it's britches. It's time for the FCC to step up to the plate and slap them down a peg or two.
When was the last time the gubmint (the FCC, DOJ or anyone else) did anything that had a measurable impact on Comcast? Comcast is still chuckling over the DOJ's demands prior to the NBC merger.

Maybe the new administration will appoint a more consumer-friendly FCC head (probably Jessica Rosenworcel) but they've got a lot of other damage to undo if one of the goals is to try to re-establish Net Neutrality.

When was the last time the gubmint (the FCC, DOJ or anyone else) did anything that had a measurable impact on Comcast? Comcast is still chuckling over the DOJ's demands prior to the NBC merger.

Maybe the new administration will appoint a more consumer-friendly FCC head (probably Jessica Rosenworcel) but they've got a lot of other damage to undo if one of the goals is to try to re-establish Net Neutrality.
Good luck with that...its all about the Benjamin's

Already is...look at your bill and all the tariff fees
If you have broadband alone, you may not have any fees. Broadband as a service typically isn't regulated other than by franchise agreements. Regulatory fees appear when you add VOIP service as you then descend into the telephone utility abyss.

The taxes and fees on my Comcast broadband bill are $0.00.

If you have broadband alone, you may not have any fees. Broadband as a service typically isn't regulated other than by franchise agreements. Regulatory fees appear when you add VOIP service as you then descend into the telephone utility abyss.

The taxes and fees on my Comcast broadband bill are $0.00.
You really need to look at your cable bill..there is a fee for lifeline rural internet..if its a telco..there are plenty of other fees

You really need to look at your cable bill..there is a fee for lifeline rural internet..if its a telco..there are plenty of other fees
I was looking at my bill as I typed. The Taxes and Fees is a line item and it is zero.

The Universal Service (a spin-off of Rural Electrification) rules don't apply to broadband. Lifeline broadband isn't available where I live. They don't even offer lifeline TV anymore! There are other agencies that may foot bill.

You really need to consider that your personal experiences are not representative of everyone else's and that much of what you think you know about telecommunications regulation doesn't apply to the entirety of the industry (especially the unregulated parts).

I was looking at my bill as I typed. The Taxes and Fees is a line item and it is zero.

The Universal Service (a spin-off of Rural Electrification) rules don't apply to broadband. Lifeline broadband isn't available where I live. They don't even offer lifeline TV anymore! There are other agencies that may foot bill.

You really need to consider that your personal experiences are not representative of everyone else's and that much of what you think you know about telecommunications regulation doesn't apply to the entirety of the industry (especially the unregulated parts).
So who is your internet provider?