Consumer Reports petition to stop Comcast from setting data caps.

i have Comcast in Michigan and Charter in Florida, broadband only and no fees on either.

When I had TV and Phone with Comcast a few years ago, there were all the fees, soon as I went broadband only they went away.

For landline I have Magic Jack and they are a few fees, 911 and a couple of others.

With YTTV no fees either.

i have Comcast in Michigan and Charter in Florida, broadband only and no fees on either.

When I had TV and Phone with Comcast a few years ago, there were all the fees, soon as I went broadband only they went away.

For landline I have Magic Jack and they are a few fees, 911 and a couple of others.

With YTTV no fees either.

I had Vonage and the taxes where eating me alive. $9.99 for a phone and almost $7 in taxes.

I go to Magic Jack (for my fax machine) and there are not as many taxes.

Apparently Magic Jack is owned by vonage.

I got Ooma at another location and that’s like $6/mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as data caps, it’s just so the ISP can keep costs low.

Everyone cries about data caps, but no data caps means higher rates.

My cell plan with Verizon is cheaper with the data caps than to try to go with an unlimited plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post your bill
I'll play. Here's my cable bill.

Where is the fee for lifeline rural internet and other regulatory fees?

Attachments

• bill.jpg
    bill.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 158
I'll play. Here's my cable bill.

Where is the fee for lifeline rural internet and other regulatory fees?
Wow, I thought DirecTV bills were high until I saw what you are paying.

I love the part where it shows your bundle discount for gig broadband brings down the price to $119.99 a month which is $10 more then what I pay to Charter with no bundle.

$135 is what Charter charges nationwide for standalone Gig service w/o promotion.

Depending on the situation, TV Service with Charter is cheaper than DirecTV for the same level of programming. I have DirecTV as well with Premier, Movie Extra and two DVRs and it's $220/month for the same thing Charter charges $180 for.

What are you talking about?
He's trying to divert by citing fees that are clearly not associated with broadband Internet service. There was a time when some DSL carriers didn't offer service without bundling (naked DSL) but that time passed a while ago.

The fees that he's speaking of are a result of bundling additional services that incur such financial wrath. This is a common problem for those not running all of the numbers on bundle deals.

Okay that makes sense.

So it's a clear established fact there are no additional fees on broadband especially the fantasy 'lifeline rural internet' fee, even though Juan thinks there is and he is often incorrect about things. He is saying there is, but there is not because any additional fee's are associated with voice service which he swears is because of internet. But it my case, it's really baffling since there are no fees with voice service as Charter eats them.

For HughesNet, my bill is $71.14. $59.99 for service, $9.99 for the lease of the modem, and $1.16 in state and local taxes for the rental of the gateway, no 'lifeline rural internet' fee on there either.

Okay that makes sense.

So it's a clear established fact there are no additional fees on broadband especially the fantasy 'lifeline rural internet' fee, even though Juan thinks there is and he is often incorrect about things. He is saying there is, but there is not because any additional fee's are associated with voice service which he swears is because of internet. But it my case, it's really baffling since there are no fees with voice service as Charter eats them.

For HughesNet, my bill is $71.14. $59.99 for service, $9.99 for the lease of the modem, and $1.16 in state and local taxes for the rental of the gateway, no 'lifeline rural internet' fee on there either.
I guess when your paying over $300.. there really should not be

I guess when your paying over $300.. there really should not be
How is paying over $300 for the top tier TV package w/2 DVRs, Gigabit Internet and voice service relevant to fee's that don't exist?

Just admit you're wrong and you made up the 'lifeline rural internet' fee,