Consumers Dropping Pay TV Services

+2...and no kids. The alternatives are full of compromises I'm not willing to make.

I have 20mb broadband, yet unless I want to watch something on my 22" LCD monitor in about a 4" X 5" viewing "window", PQ is not what I consider worth while. I still think that Internet streaming of video has a way to go yet to be consider a real alternative souce for video. If I'm watching a movie I want to see it with the best PQ I can...that's why I got a 40" LCD HDTV.

Ghpr13:)

I could never got to just OTA and internet. It would be too frusterating screwing around with the internet and OTA just doesn't offer enough programming. I do love having OTA but I need my satellite too.

I think as much as we all hate to admit it, we are all a little spoiled by the amount of programming offered to us via cable/satellite. The 7 to 15 channels we use to be satisfied with back in "the old days", just doesn't cut it anymore...even if we all get a little bent on the amounts we're paying out for the service we picked.

Ghpr13:)

Do those people live 60 miles from the TV stations? I have a distribution amplifier on mine already for the 2 TV's.
A DA isn't the proper tool if the signal is weak. In most cases, a pre-amp at the antenna is the tool to use if you're splitting less than four ways.

The 7 to 15 channels we use to be satisfied with back in "the old days", just doesn't cut it anymore...even if we all get a little bent on the amounts we're paying out for the service we picked.
The good TV has simply been spread atom diameter thin across 30-40 channels and 12 hours instead of three or four.

If I weren't a sports fan, I'd have already dropped pay tv. I can download everything else or watch on blu-ray.

Actually, most of the sports stuff I can catch online too but the video quality isn't quite there yet.
Sports is my hang-up too, but I am putting together a HTPC anyhow. If prices keep climbing like they have been, then I might learn to live with OTA + ESPN3.com + Netflix.

Married w/ children = NEED
PBS has a good amount of children's programming (and in some areas a digital sub-channel dedicated for kids). Beyond that, I don't see any educational children's programming being offered by Pay-TV that could be truly classified as a need. As for the spouse, if they have time to sit around and watch TV all day then perhaps they need to get a job. ;) LOL

Living in the sticks = NEED
He already said he could get OTA, so this doesn't apply.

Internet TV is still in it's infancy it reminds me of 1985 when I first put up my first BUD everything was free,then as more transferred to it the channels became scrambled,then came the request for paid subscriptions to view.

The same will gradually happen to Internet TV,some of it has already happened.The more viewers recorded will come the demand to be paid by the programmers.Believe me it has happened before,it will happen again.As viewer numbers rise so will the prices.:rolleyes:

If it walks like a duck,and sounds like a duck?.It's a Duck!.;)

You are correct.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

attachment.php