Contact the technician now if your interested in the 211!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SquadCo6

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Outside Philly
Just got off the phone with a tech, he stated that they got the go ahead to release the 211 not instead of waiting till Feburary 1st. I have it coming on Wednesday!! Just to give you guys the heads up!!! Nice to see them make a choice for the good!!

Last edited:
Probably want to..

SquadCo6 said:
Just got off the phone with a tech, he stated that they got the go ahead to release the 211 not instead of waiting till Feburary 1st. I have it coming on Wednesday!! Just to give you guys the heads up!!! Nice to see them make a choice for the good!!

get as many of these possibily defective (HDMI output) units out there that they can right away :D . Gerry

RandallA said:
Tech. Support is already releasing them? Hmmm. No thanks, I think I'll wait a little longer and see how this plays out.

I couldn't agree with you more. I got a small pang of excitement when I saw the 211's were in peoples' hands. Now I'm hearing about the HDMI problems, so I think I'll wait a few months until the initial rush and the initial bugs all washout.

I just called to try and verify this with a CSR. He was willing to sell me a 211, but he really kept pushing that I should wait until Feb. 1 so that I could take advantage of a huge promotion Dish Network will launch at that time (that is the sound of me snickering). Apparently the computer won't let them offer the $49 dollar 211 lease upgrade just yet.

Our office ran out of 811's in the first week of January and have been installing 211's since. There are a few things I like about the 211. The coax out put is the best advantage. Some people order HD before they have a HD set and with some older TV sets without RCS's it became a pain. I have not installed one using the HDMI so can't comment there. It seems to be a ok receiver from the 20 or so I have installed.

The tech sent me one last week for $50 instead of $49. So, if you wait, you can save a whole dollar. If you need the free Dish 1000, you may need to wait.

Weezknight said:
I couldn't agree with you more. I got a small pang of excitement when I saw the 211's were in peoples' hands. Now I'm hearing about the HDMI problems, so I think I'll wait a few months until the initial rush and the initial bugs all washout.

I recall a similar emotion in late 2003 when the 811 came out. It's not fixed yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)