Contest: Enter to Win a GEOSATpro microHD STB and SL1PLL LNBF - Ends 5/31/2013 Midnight PDT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have to say some of my fun summer time memories would come from the family getting in the car and driving to a local amusement park, (Holiday world & splashin safari). The days when we would get rained on would be the best as it would thin out the crowd... Fun times

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My favorite summer memory was launching bottle rockets with my cousin in to his stock pond at night--the underwater explosion looked neat

one of my good summer memories was getting together with the family on the 4th of july and setting off massive fireworks. a bit dangerous, we used to tape m80s to arrows and shoot them up in the air, but fun anyway.

Many, many favorite summer memories, most of them at the family lake cabin.

My most significant summer memory is watching Neil Armstrong step onto the surface of the moon on our tiny ~13 inch black and white set in the cabin living room.

When I was little my brother brought me and his children on a vacation. We did quite a bit. I remember going on a trip to see the Football Hall of Fame, Seaworld and camping out at a campground all in one trip. I remember seeing the fireworks as we were leaving Seaworld (heard them playing Whitney Houston I will Always Love You) and watching the rides at the amusement park nearby. I also remember going to the Indians vs Texas Rangers game. Still have the baseball sealed in plastic. We were late going to the game but I heard on the loudspeakers that Nolan Ryan got in a fight. I think the Indians got a new stadium the next year and I also think Nolan Ryan also retired the next year. This was back in 1993 (20 years ago).

First Moon Landing

My most significant summer memory is watching Neil Armstrong step onto the surface of the moon on our tiny ~13 inch black and white set in the cabin living room.
This photo was snapped on July 20, 1969 using a Samtoy camera similar to below with 620 film from the screen of our Sylvania black & white 19" television. The same TV I watched the original Star Trek series on with William Shatner playing Captain James T. Kirk.

What's the matter? You don't recognize the Moon when you see it? Standing beside the Lunar Module, the astronaut (Neil Armstrong?) plants the American flag held up with stiff wire since there's no wind for the flag to flutter in.

Original Moon Landing_sm.jpg Samtoy Camera.jpg

My favorite memories of summers past are just being a kid, living outside till way after dark. Fishing down by the riverside, playing kick the can until it was to dark to see. No computers or electronic devices just life the way it was meant to be. Summer camp fires and making smore's like no tomorrow. Catching fireflies in glass jars. Crankin' the radio in the cars. We might've been a noisy bunch, but I wouldn't trade those memories of summer's past for anything on earth.

My favorite memories is setting hunting antelopes in the hills for dinner! Ooooh!!! Those were the beautiful days!

The contest is now officially closed.

Thanks to everyone for sharing great stories of your favorite summer memories and entering the contest!

We will announce the winner of the GEOSATpro microHD and SL1PLL LNBF later today. Enjoy the weekend! :D

Congratulations Gray Hair on winning the GEOSATpro microHD satellite receiver and SL1PLL LNBF!

Thank You to all members for supporting SatelliteGuys, Satellite AV and sharing your summer memories!

Have a Great Summer!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)