Contest: Enter to Win a Titanium Satellite C2PLL: Two Output C-Band PLL LNBF - Ends April 30th, 2014

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My favorite springtime activity as a kid was to go biking using the old bicycles we had on the farm. Out in the country there was a lot of room to play, and our land had some flat areas and hilly areas, so there was good variety. The best part was setting up ramps and jumps and going as fast as possible! I recall having a few bikes with no brakes too. If I needed to slow down, I'd just put my feet down. Mom wasn't impressed with how many shoes I would go through. :)

sgs

I really enjoyed playing baseball as a kid. There was an empty field behind our house and the neighborhood kids all gathered there for the games. There were a lot of good times (and some bad sunburns), a few fights (nothing more serious than a bloody nose), and some long games (we played until we got ready to quit).

Ernie

When I was young we raised tobacco so we had to steam the tobacco bed to kill weed seeds, the man who came had a 1934 ford 2 1/2 ton truck with a case steam engine boiler mounted on it. It only went about 10 mph so he would blow the whistle so you knew he was coming. When he got there you hooked a water hose to the boiler. My job was to man the water valve to keep the water in the middle of the sight glass and throw in some wood. Now years later my job is a boiler operator.

My favorite springtime activity was going down to the creek 1/2 mile away from my house during the spring flood, and we would raft down it with rafts we made from old inner-tubes and plywood on top. We would tie them together with old hemp rope.

For me the melting snows release the morel mushrooms. Fishing season starts. Nothing finer than a meal from nature's bounty. :)

My dad worked a lot when I was a kid so I didn't have very much time with him on weekdays. When the weekend came we could do things together. In the Spring, it didn't matter that some of those things were yard work, repairs that needed done outside or a car that needed worked on because I was spending time with my dad. Many weekends, after the work was done, we would go to Knoebels Grove, a small family run amusement park. We would eat hand-dipped ice cream cones and then ride the Pioneer Train, Grand Carousel, Merry Mixer and the Whip. Afterward, we would go to my grandparents farm for supper. I'd climb trees, walk in the woods or up the dirt road, pick forsythia and lilacs, anything a kid let loose in the countryside could find to do. When it started to get dark we would sit outside on old metal chairs, listen to the crickets and talk about things that were happening in our lives. My dad and grandparents are gone now and the farm was sold. The amusement park is still there, just a little bigger, and I go there with my family when we can. The world moves so much faster now and those simpler things don't seem to matter to a lot of people but to me they will always be my fondest memories.

Thank you for all of your great stories and memories of Springtime as a kid! I love how we mostly remember and love the simple things! I wonder what the memories of Spring will be in 20 or 30 years? Maybe that a new XBox game was introduced? LOL!!!

Unfortunately, the first two posts drawn at random did not write about Springtime memories as a kid. Bummer! :(
BUT....
these misfortunes will make another member very happy!

Congratulations to Vondertrenk! You are the winner of the Titanium Satellite C2W-PLL C-band, 2 output, phase look loop LNBF including free shipping!

Vondertrenk, please respond to this thread and PM me within the next 10 days to claim your C2WPLL. We do not PM the winners of these contests as we want regular, participating members to check back on these contest threads to see if they won and claim their prize. If the selected winner does not claim the C2W-PLL before midnight on May 11th (PDT), we will select a new winner from the entries.

Happy Spring! Let's make great Springtime memories for our kids, grandkids, great-grandkids.... :D

Congratulations to Vondertrenk!!!!
Enjoy!

And the C2 Phase Lock Loop LNBF now officially has a home! Thank you Vondertrenk for the post and PM!

Would love to hear your opinion of the C2WPLL and any real world testing or comparisons to your other feedhorns.

Thank you again everyone for your interest in our products and sharing your childhood memories of Spring!

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Grats Vondertrenk, and i will post a grafting thread in chit chat area when i get time to take all the pics needed for it.
(for those that requested it in this thread)

And thanks for the contest Brian, hope to see another some day for a BANDSTACKED LNB :) :) heh, couldnt resist.

I can't wait to get my hands on a C2PLL. I just installed a C1PLL on my 8foot solid dish and It pulled in all 33 Luken channels on SES2 87. Locked and solid as a rock. :) So no need for a 10foot or 12foot dish here (North Florida).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)