Contest: Enter to Win an Amiko mini HD SE from Titanium Satellite - Ends 5/27/2014

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
1st sat system from a display model from a store converting to the spa business from satellite in Peoria Arizona on grand ave. Lived in Glendale. Ran home from GCC after college on Oct 4 1988. They were coming to install the dish. My dad found the dealer as a sales guy working at Glendale Star. I had 4 payments to make monthly of $150. Dish stuff was going in my room at age 19. 10 ft dish. 100 degree lnb. cband only. Receivers were from echosphere before echostar. Motor was separate box from the dial tuner receiver. Buttons were broken on the motor. I had to type in w5 s1 and put a pin in whole to get themotor to move.
1st program I saw was Dr gene Scott on westar 5. Satellite installerss said he was crazy. MLB playoffs were on but remember 1988 was the year baseball demanded backhaul scrambling but the rsns were not. Most of them not until 1989 1990. NESN was the last one.

I don't know if the analog days are considered FTA (watching the free unencrypted analog feeds) so my response is that I got my first dish/analog receiver in August 1989 and my first digital receiver was added in 1994.

Bought my first FTA receiver in 2005. It was a Pansat 2500A I had been reading many documents on free to air and was surprised to learn there was so much available up there. Started with an old 36" satellite dish already on the roof left behind by the previous owner. After many, many FTA alternatives tried and learned I am now slowly reducing all the number of dishes...

installed my laux beta 9 foot back in 2009 and have been enjoying since!!! mainly because I was interested in 4dtv, than motorola pulled the multi sat plug:crying Before that I had a KU only 30 inch for wild feeds (about 2007)

First started in June 2004 with a Pansat 1500. Spent a couple days trying to zero in on 97 West on the roof. Remember FTV was the strongest quality at about 28. Didn't realize I should have skewed the dish back then. LOL

The contest is now closed. Thank you everyone for entering to win the Amiko mini HD SE from Titanium Satellite and sharing about when you first got into Free To Air and some of the great memories!

atsa00000.jpg

The winner has been selected and will be announced tonight on Satellite Nation Radio Show between 8-9pm EDT on SatelliteGuys Radio. Tune-in to find out if you won. If the winner calls in during the show to claim the mini HD SE, I will also include a free Amiko DiSEqC 8x1 Switch. This is one of the best uncommitted/stackable DiSEqC 1.1 switches available. A $20 value!

We will post the winner to this thread after the radio show tonight. Stay tuned!!!

atsa00000.jpg

:party Congratulations to Mikel! You have won the Amiko mini HD SE STB!!! :party

With your long history with FTA satellite, we would certainly value your feedback and review of the mini HD SE.

Please respond to this thread and PM me within the next 10 days to claim your Amiko mini HD SE. We do not PM the contest winners of these contests as we want regular, participating members to check back on these contest threads to see if they won and claim their prize. If Mikel does not claim the Amiko mini HD SE before midnight on June 11th (PDT), we will select a new winner from the entries.

Thank you to everyone who entered and made this contest a great success!

Reactions: T134
Congratulations Mikel!!!

Wow. I was at my girlfriends house. I'll pm Brian. Thanks a lot. Sure, I can review it and post in the receiver section. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Titanium
Wow. I was at my girlfriends house. I'll pm Brian. Thanks a lot. Sure, I can review it and post in the receiver section. Thanks everyone.
Looking forward to the review!!

Did not even tried to participate, but that was interesting to read so different stories of users how they got to FTA. Sorry for this, but I do not understand what is real FTA means. If I have receiver which can receive FTA and also pay-channels (after card is inserted), can I count it as FTA system?
And, congratulations to winner!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts