CONTEST - Enter to Win: GEOSATpro DVR1100c w/15GB HDD, 90cm Dish - Complete System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember having a blast raking leaves and jumping in them....Now that I'm over 50, I mulch them...but I save a bunch for the grandkids to jump in...makes me feel young again watching them.....Blind

Autumn , to me means pumpkin ice cream at the covered bridge festival in Rockville In. My dad used to buy my brother and
I the ice cream, cotton candy and grilled pork chops out in the cool crisp air.Memories that cannot and will not be forgotten.

When I was young, about 6 years old, I still lived in the village, in our village, we have had two fish ponds, side by side. each year at fall, they will pump the water out from one pond to other pond, and will get all the fish on the empty pond, take chance at other year for other pond. After they pumped all the water out, I was the first one ran down to the pond and search the largest fish I can catch, grab and hold the fish and walk back to bank, it was fun and that was the last time I was in village and the next spring, we moved out the village, but the memory still in my mind after all these years. Have not go back to the village for almost 57 years and I really missed all those child fun from the memory.

the best things of memory for autumn is times spent when my mother was off of chemo. she had a terminal brain tumor. times would go in and out for her sickness but when she was well we would make pumpkin pie early around halloween. the craziest time as a kid was when we got back from trick or treating at the relatives houses. we already left the most candy from the neighborhood at the house and when we got back our black lab decided he liked candy more than us. my mom went out the next day to replace all the candy our lab ate. what a great mom she was :)

Thanksgiving!!! But ours wasn't the traditional Thanksgiving. It was an all day event. It started at daybreak when we went to my maternal grandparents house (Maw and Paw) where we would have Thanksgiving breakfast and then all the men (and boys) would go on the Thanksgiving rabbit hunt. Sometimes we made a good haul, sometimes we came up empty. After the hunt we would go to my paternal grandparents house (Mam and Pap) where we would have Thanksgiving lunch with all the aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, and sisters. You know the kind of affair where there are so many people you have to eat in shifts. Finally we made it home that evening where we had Thanksgiving dinner which usually consisted of leftovers from breakfast and lunch. How I miss those days. Now the grandparents and many of the aunts and uncles are gone, and most of the rest have moved away. I may not win the contest, but it was fun just reliving the memories.

Winter Coming Up!

When I was a kid, our family lived in Richmond BC and we went to our lake front cabin almost every weekend and holiday. After long hot summers swimming, fishing and hiking, fall was a pleasant reminder that winter was just around the corner. The leaves would change color and the weather would get a little cooler. School had started and the thought of another weekend at Alta Lake would be savored and dreams would be of the upcoming ski season. Ah, those where the days!!!

Happy Testing!!!

Great Contest Thanks Satellite AV

I think about all the Labor Day weekends spent with the family. Most of them lived far away but would all get together before
winter weather came. I remember all the baked hams, pumpkin pies, and homemade icecream. Its all memories now. Most of them are gone. The memories remain.

Gray1

Thanks for the contest

I remember taking a great trip out West (we lived in Atlanta at the time) to Yosemite National Park. The fall leaves were at their peak and the valley with it's spectacular cliffs made quite an impression on me that I still think about often. That truely has to be one of the most amazing places on earth for spectacular scenery!

Thanks again Brian for supporting the site and the contest!

My fondest memory of fall is going hunting with my Dad, we had rabbit dogs and what a wonderful sound they made barking and yapping through the woods on a cool fall day...man I miss that so much. But time has gone on, Dad is no longer with us....its all but a memory, but a great one it is!

Without fail, every year when fall arrives I am reminded of my father. He was a small radio station owner and sports broadcaster. He called the local high school's football games for 46 seasons without missing a single one. Some of my fondest memories are of attending those games, playing under bleachers and feeling terribly important sitting next to my dad in the press box. I attended a game in 1972 (I was nine at the time) where my dad was honored with the game ball. He was recognized many times over the years but I know none of that recognition meant as much to him as that game ball. I still have it.
He did his last play by play in the fall of 1993. He passed away 5 years later after 60 years in radio. Never do I think of him more than when the weather changes and football season begins.

I hope everyone enjoys this football season.
-Baz

My favorite fall memory growing up is watching the trees change colors, especially the maple trees. I love this time of year 60 degree days in Wisconsin.

Thanks for another great contest AV :up

Thank you SatelliteGuys for entering to win the GEOSATpro DVR Satellite System and sharing some great autumn memories! Just reading through the thread reminded me of so many wonderful fall outings with my family and friends.

We are happy to announce the winner, Handymantoo! Please send us a PM or call 888-483-4673 before 11:59pm PST on 11/11/2010 to claim your prize. PS. Your PM is not set-up to accept PMs.....

Have a great Autumn and Holiday Season!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)