Continued Problems with 522 UHF Remote

vladzver

Original poster
May 25, 2006
There was an old post about this but it said it was too old for me to reply to so I had to start a new one.

I've had Dish for almost 3 years with no problem with my UHF remote on the 522 system, but the last two months, i've had the sporadic problem of the remote failing to get its signal through. Last week, it seemed to correct itself and its been perfect until yesterday. Now, the UHF Remote can do nothing. It still controls all the IR equipment but I cannot gain any control of TV2 with the UHF signal.

I've read all the comments, so I've tried unplugging it, putting a fan by the case, i've gone upto the box with the UHF remote to see if I could get TV2 to come on, nothing is working. I've played with the antenna, I've reset the box, restored to factory settings, replaced batteries, nothing will work. And it happened overnight, it was working brilliantly, I went to bed, didn't use it again until late evening and nothing. But it was late so i just went to bed hoping the daily update would fix it, got up today, nothing.

I'm just wondering could my antenna be bad, i've shaken the remote and hear stuff moving around inside, could something have snapped? What should I ask do ya'll think when I call? for a new remote?

Try verifying your remote address is the correct one.

Here's a good way to do that. You'll have to get into the System Info screen in your menu options. You can use your TV#1 remote to do this. After you access that, grab your TV#2 remote and in this order...

Hold the SAT button for a few seconds until all the lights at the top of the remote light up.

Type in a single digit number that feels good for you. I usually choose "3" for the TV#2 remote.

Hit the "#" button and wait(!!!) for the SAT button to light up 3 times.

Finally, hit the RECORD button to finalize your settings.

I would say that its very possible that your remote is just biting the big one, remotes dont last long specialy if there are kids in a home.

Yes, I've tried to verify address/change address using Remote TV1 to get into the system menu, that doesn't work, remote TV2 isn't getting signal through to even change the address, and the first time i tired that it actually readdressed TV1 and I didn't even see it, so i'm like ugh, and I go to watch TV1 and the remote wouldn't work cause it was now wrongly addressed. I don't know, I'm going to have to bite it and call them.

i found out something with my unit (625). I had been having issues with TV2 so i ran a cable from that antenna port as close to the room as I could then screwed the antenna in at the end of the cable. I haven't had any trouble since then.

New Remote on Way

Well I called Dish and explained the situation and they decided as I've done all the troubleshooting and no success, and that my receiver is still functioning in all other capacities, that it must be the remote. So they are UPS 2nd Daying a replacement one to me, free because I have that service program. Although, I tried to correct them as their postal system lists my town as the city of York and I'm actually in Dover Township and there is an alternate matching address in York, but the very nice woman advised me when she forced Dover in to the City spot, it charged me for the replacement remote, and that I only got it free when it read York. Who knows? But Thank goodness they have the zip+4 on it so it will come to the right address. I hope that it solves the problem and that it's not the receiver or uhf antenna that has failed.

Isn't there a trick that some use where you put a splitter on the receiver end putting the UHF ANTENNA IN in one end of the splitter and the TV OUT in another end then at the tv end put the UHF ANTENNA on one and the other end to the TV? Or do you have to put it on a particular spot of that splitter or use a diplexer or use a special type of splitter to get this to work? I tried this before without any luck. How would this work with an amplifier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts