Continuing Coverage from the Directv Entertainment Expo.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HE did admit that there is no basis for a price increase.
Not true. He said that the providers don't charge more. The cost of delivering HD programming is higher, so ultimately, the HD channels are more costly than the SD versions.

edit: Flying J beat me to this explanation.

not necessarily. for starters, the 9/19 date was reporter on several internal directv documents.

my gut feeling has always said there would be a soft launch on new hd channels before there was any press released. this way, if there are bugs, they can be tweaked before an official launch.

what we heard yesterday was that 70 hd channels would be on air within the next 30 days. in the business, its called cover your ass. again, if you aren't definitive and there are problems, you aren't looking totally stupid as if you had said.....70 channels lit by 9/24 and only 5 were on the air!

AKA, "weasel wording", which is exactly what both press conferences have been full of. They are not exactly lying to you, but neither are they telling you the truth, in fact, they have committed to NOTHING. Words like "expect", "planned", "meeting our goals", et. al. are the buzzwords of weasel wording. (If you have the stomach for it, listen to one of the presidential candidate debates to see weasel wording at its finest!) :)

I did notice during the speach , Chase made a little comment about how lame E* fight in the HD world was with adding PPV HD. I thought that was funny.

Not true. He said that the providers don't charge more. The cost of delivering HD programming is higher, so ultimately, the HD channels are more costly than the SD versions.

edit: Flying J beat me to this explanation.
They had better talk to their CSR's because they will tell you that they only raise prices when the providers raise prices.

It does seem positive that csr's are saying tomorrow am. I dont feel that someone would have given them the "robot" answer unless it was a go.

directv since 1995, It looks like directv would at least say something about the hd channels:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)