Contract extension question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Toonces88

Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
Mid-Atlantic
We are thinking of switching to FIOS - not because of any issue with DirecTV, but we can save 100$/mo if we bundle everything with Verizon. DirecTV tells us that we are not under contract at the moment, but I know that in Aug 2010 we upgraded to whole-house DVR, which meant that they had to swap out some equipment. I sort of assumed that this would have locked us in for another 2 years, and it surprised me that they claimed that we weren't.

I guess my concern is that the CSR wasn't giving us correct information over the phone, and that we would get hit with an early termination fee when we cancel.

Toonces88 said:
We are thinking of switching to FIOS - not because of any issue with DirecTV, but we can save 100$/mo if we bundle everything with Verizon. DirecTV tells us that we are not under contract at the moment, but I know that in Aug 2010 we upgraded to whole-house DVR, which meant that they had to swap out some equipment. I sort of assumed that this would have locked us in for another 2 years, and it surprised me that they claimed that we weren't.

I guess my concern is that the CSR wasn't giving us correct information over the phone, and that we would get hit with an early termination fee when we cancel.

I would call up and say "cancel". Speak to a retentions rep and confirm you are not under contract. Who knows, they may offer you something to keep you (though I doubt it would be anywhere near $100 cheaper compared to what you'd save with FIOS).

:welcome to Satelliteguys Toonces88!

When you talk to Directv, have them email you confirmation about your contract status.

Toonces88 said:

If you upgraded to to mvr and some receivers where just swapped out for mrv capable receivers, that would not apply an extension to your contract. Directv does bundle with FIOS check with retention and see what discounts you may qualify for, you may be able to get a good deal bundling directv with Verizon.

Normally adding advanced receivers to the account will put you in a new 2 year contract, so yes double check that CSRs info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)