Control IRD from multiple rooms with Harmony 880 IR remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I've got a buddy who has his DirecTV feeding 3 rooms of his home. Up til now he has just set the IRD to RF mode and programmed 3 remotes to control the IRD. Now he wants to get 2 Harmony 880's to use in 2 of the rooms and use the stock DirecTV remote in IR mode for the 3rd room.

Can somebody suggest the most cost effective way to control 1 IRD from 3 different IR remotes in different rooms? I see several IR to RF extenders but, only see 1 sending unit and one receiving unit. I'd need to find a setup with one receiving unit which can be placed in his living room by the IRD then 2 sending units. This would allow him to use a Harmony 880 in the living room, a Harmony 880 in his bedroom, and the stock DirecTV remote in his spare room.

He doesn't want any more then 1 IRD as he lives alone. Thanks all.

I've got a buddy who has his DirecTV feeding 3 rooms of his home. Up til now he has just set the IRD to RF mode and programmed 3 remotes to control the IRD. Now he wants to get 2 Harmony 880's to use in 2 of the rooms and use the stock DirecTV remote in IR mode for the 3rd room.

Can somebody suggest the most cost effective way to control 1 IRD from 3 different IR remotes in different rooms? I see several IR to RF extenders but, only see 1 sending unit and one receiving unit. I'd need to find a setup with one receiving unit which can be placed in his living room by the IRD then 2 sending units. This would allow him to use a Harmony 880 in the living room, a Harmony 880 in his bedroom, and the stock DirecTV remote in his spare room.

He doesn't want any more then 1 IRD as he lives alone. Thanks all.
If your friend will consider Xsight Touch instead of Harmony, he can leave DirecTV in RF mode and not need any extenders. I have several and am very happy with them. They work with DirecTV RF natively just like the stock remotes. UEI, maker of Xsight also makes all DirecTV remotes.

If he insists on using 880's then repeaters will be required in every room, and the stock remotes can no longer be used in RF mode. I think powermid will work with one reciever to many senders.

If your friend will consider Xsight Touch instead of Harmony, he can leave DirecTV in RF mode and not need any extenders. I have several and am very happy with them. They work with DirecTV RF natively just like the stock remotes. UEI, maker of Xsight also makes all DirecTV remotes.

If he insists on using 880's then repeaters will be required in every room, and the stock remotes can no longer be used in RF mode. I think powermid will work with one reciever to many senders.

Looks like the Powermid is exactly what he needs. These seem to be the only ones on the market to allow for multiple "sending" units. Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts