controling sound.

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I have a new plasma TV and a VIP211 and I was wondering if I can control my sound level with the VIP211.
When I had my old CRT TV, a Soney, I could control the sound output going to my AV amp from th TV but now with the plasma TV I can't. I have to use the volume control on the AV amp.

I have a new plasma TV and a VIP211 and I was wondering if I can control my sound level with the VIP211.
When I had my old CRT TV, a Soney, I could control the sound output going to my AV amp from th TV but now with the plasma TV I can't. I have to use the volume control on the AV amp.

You can do it, just check in your manual, it's there somewhere. I have done it with 622,811, and a 722.

There are really two questions here:
1. Does your TV have a "variable" audio output? (If it does it would only be through the stereo L/R RCA jacks.) In this case, when you set the remote for the 211 to control the Sony TV, it will automatically be set to control the TV volume, or more specifically the variable audio output to the A/V receiver. Note that the best you can do with this setup is Dolby Pro Logic sound.

2. How many inputs (211, DVD, VCR, ect.) do you have going to your plasma? If it's only one (the 211), it might be better to take the optical digital from the 211 direct to your A/V receiver (if it has a digital input), and just set the 211's remote to control the A/V receiver's volume whenever in SAT or TV mode. There is a procedure for this in the manual. You MAY want to do this even if you have several source components going into the TV, BUT beware that some TVs only pass through stereo sound to the digital audio output from outside HDMI or digital source inputs (my Panny is that way).

Hope this helps. :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)