Controlling my audio receiver with the Hopper Remote

Have you tried using the Yamaha remote to teach the Hopper remote? Or have you tried using a different Yamaha code?
Yes I went through the teaching method with a Dish CSR as well as trying it myself. I also tried all the codes listed in the old 722 (about 15 of them) book including the one that worked with the 722. I think 0176 was one of them but I'll try it again.

IIRC, the 722 remote and Hopper remotes use completely different numbering systems for setup codes. UEI makes the Hopper remote, and here are the most common UEI Yamaha codes:
0176, 1176, 1276, 1376, 1476 and 0376. UEI also makes the RCA remote mentioned above and uses exactly the same codes as the Hopper.

The main issue with Yamaha is it has 3 power commands: Discrete On, Discrete Off and Power Toggle. Your old remote used toggle apparently, and worked fine. But your new remote is using discrete off only, making it impossible to turn on. One of the codes above may correctly assign the power toggle to the power button rather than discrete off. The RCA can be programmed with any and all Yamaha commands, as can the more expensive Harmony, should you decide to get a different remote. If you still have your old 722 remote or Yamaha remote, you can simply learn the power toggle. Just make sure it's the power toggle that you're learning.

Except if you have lots of things to do, Change TV to a different input, switch audio am to FM, turn on Dish, select channel, turn on tv to dish input, set audio to correct input, then turn off dish and turn on Blue Ray and switch Audio amp to it's input. Logitech Harmony is for the sytems that are more than just a dish receiver and don't cost that much if you search.

Except if you have lots of things to do, Change TV to a different input, switch audio am to FM, turn on Dish, select channel, turn on tv to dish input, set audio to correct input, then turn off dish and turn on Blue Ray and switch Audio amp to it's input. Logitech Harmony is for the systems that are more than just a dish receiver and don't cost that much if you search.

I'm surprisingly able to do the majority of functions all with just my Hopper remote. I can change inputs on my TV, change the source on my stereo, start a blu-ray movie and use the fast forward and rewind functions.

Can you tell me how to do whats needed in your last two sentences? I do still have the 722 remote. Thanks
I don't remember the learning procedure, but it's in the manual. And I don't know how you can guarantee you're getting the toggle without being able to analyze the signal somehow. All you can do really is learn it and hope it's correct.

I'm surprisingly able to do the majority of functions all with just my Hopper remote. I can change inputs on my TV, change the source on my stereo, start a blu-ray movie and use the fast forward and rewind functions.
I think Barry is talking about doing all of that with a single button press, like on a remote that can do macros.

I have a Samsung sound bar, and had the same problem as you for awhile. I went back and looked at the sound bars manual and I discovered that Samsung had an Auto Power option. I configured this with the sound bar and it works flawlessly.

Other than something that is included by Sony for your receiver I do not know of anyway to do what you want from the Hopper. I did a search of these forums and found a post from April that included a Dish reps response which basically said the only way to do it is by changing modes.

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5278

I tried convincing my wife that we needed an Xbox One to control all of our components with a single voice command (The new Xbox has IR blaster capabilities that can be programmed to turn on the television and audio components).

Hopefully your receiver has this functionality. Good luck!
Yes the Samsung sound bars generally auto turn off after a set period of time with no audio input. My HW-HM45C does so in 25 minute if I don't turn it off. BUT, I can turn mine on and off with my Dish Remote. I did this. Try and see if works for you.
Menu > Settings > Remote Manager > Aux Code > Audio Accessory > choose lookup code > Samsung (or your brand soundbar).
Should find correct one on first try. Test out with - + volume keys. If it works for you, then
Go back to remote manager & choose volume to set control volume for aux.
Your Dish remote should now work with your Samsung (or your brand) sound bar volume and On/Off.

Hello. I just got a brand new Sony STR-DG510 Audio Receiver to go along with my new Panasonic TH-58PX60U Plasma. Everything works great with the exception of the remotes. Obviously trying to reduce the number of remotes I have to have to lay around or to use so here's the problem (question). I want to re-program my DISH Network remote to simply turn on/off and control the volume on the audio receiver using the AUX button on the DISH remote and I can't get it done. I've tried all the codes in the DISH book and I've called Sony. Still no luck. Any ideas?

Hello. I just got a brand new Sony STR-DG510 Audio Receiver to go along with my new Panasonic TH-58PX60U Plasma. Everything works great with the exception of the remotes. Obviously trying to reduce the number of remotes I have to have to lay around or to use so here's the problem (question). I want to re-program my DISH Network remote to simply turn on/off and control the volume on the audio receiver using the AUX button on the DISH remote and I can't get it done. I've tried all the codes in the DISH book and I've called Sony. Still no luck. Any ideas?
Panasonic is still making plasma tvs?

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts