CONUS Locals on Eastern ARC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rlamp1

Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
Pittsburgh,PA
CONUS Locals on Eastern ARC

Can these locals be picked up anywhere assuming the service address is in the DMA of the desired signal? (i.e., can the receiver determine it's location and lock out conus signals?)

Example per Lyngsat, Bangor Maine channels are beamed CONUS on 61.5W
12676 L
tp 32
DVB-S
SR 21500
FEC 2/3

Could they be picked up in South Florida, etc?

Thanks

CONUS means "Continental United States". That supposedly means the beam hits "everywhere" (except Alaska or Hawaii) IE: it's not a spotbeam.

So yes, provided your receiver is authorized to receive that DMA, you could receive it in Florida. The thing to do, would be for somebody down there to bring up that transponder in the "Check Switch" screen, and see what signal level they can get.

Sounds like you're not set up for Bangor, ME locals. In that case you will not be able to receive Bangor, ME locals no matter where you are, spotbeam or CONUS.

sure do, America's Top 200, though might downgrade with the loss of AMC, thanks again!

Don't be confused, just because a channel is "CONUS" doesn't mean that everybody receives it. You must subscribe to that dma's local channels, beyond subscribing to "America's Top whatever" pack AND be able to receive the transponder or spotbeam that they are on.

Just as 3Halo0DST mentions.

Bangor, ME are Conus on 61.5. As long as your service address is valid for Bangor, you should be good to go.

But you will have to make sure that DISH turns on your locals. In the recent past summer, I "moved" to Little Rock located on conus on 77 sat. I did an online chat to do the "move", but had to call back on the phone to get them to turn on the locals 30 minutes later. They don't always do the locals changes , when you do an update on your service address.

So yes, provided your receiver is authorized to receive that DMA, you could receive it in Florida. The thing to do, would be for somebody down there to bring up that transponder in the "Check Switch" screen, and see what signal level they can get.

Don't you mean the "Point Dish" screen? That is where you check transponders.

Thanks all and especially MikeD. This is an RV account and whenever I moved on the western arc, the locals automatically downloaded. So I will call them as a follow up and request locals specifically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)