CONUS reception of PAS3R (Ku band)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

michael_idrogo

Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
Anyone in CONUS receiving PAS3R (Ku band)?

If so:
1) What state are you in?
2) Anyone in Texas?
3) What size reflector are you using?
4) Any other details?

(Have been trying to tune in for past week.. no luck in central Texas.)

(Pick up IAS5 [Ku band] no problem..)

Michael

Yes
Georgia
1.2cm usually, but also with an 80cm
there is an Italian mux that's been on a week or more, that's listed on lyngsat, you should be able to get it. It's been my observation, that channels that appear on this sat, don't last very long, so get it while you can.
Also, you would only be able to get channels with a North American beam. And I use a Standard ku lnbf, a Universal ku lnbf would also work. What lnb are you using? Where is IAS5, never heard of that one?

Al

Last edited:
Re: Anyone in CONUS receiving PAS3R (Ku band)?

Thanks guys!

I'm using a 70 cm dish (28 inch) with no luck (YET). Using standard Ku .6 LNBF ( .. also tried standard Ku .3 LNBF .. also tried universal Ku LNBF to try and find the PAS3R universal Ku beacon
http://www.panamsat.com/global_network/beacon_freq.asp
[no luck on that either]). Checked and re-checked my cables, setups, etc against that and other satellites..

Yes.. trying to get the PAS3R channels on North American beam (referencing lyngsat). Best signal I've gotten so far is 48 percent.. but no channels reception from any transponder.

> NEXT, I should try a 30" reflector.

Wanted to see if anyone else was receiving PAS3R Ku.. or if I was "chasing a ghost."

(When I said IAS5.. I meant INTELSAT 5 [97 degrees].. get those channels with super reception on the above 70 cm dish with .6 Ku LNBF.)

- - -

Separately, I'm using a Unimesh 8' for C-band excellent reception on PAS9. (Didn't know those could also be used for Ku band; have only a C-band LNB on it right now.)

Michael
central Texas
FTA use going on 10 years; 70 cm Ku / 8' Unimesh C / 10' Winegard C.

-

Make sure your LNBF SKEW is correct. Also, check the dish alignment. Signal should be strong in TX.

Attachments

• PAS-3Ku_Hztl_NAmer.jpg
    PAS-3Ku_Hztl_NAmer.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 173
  • PAS-3Ku_Vert_NAmer.jpg
    PAS-3Ku_Vert_NAmer.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 186
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)