Convert from dishpro to legacy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LookIPosted

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I have a 301 that is currently using a dishpro lnb. I think the lnb is bad, as I all of a sudden can't get anything off of 110. I have an old legacy setup that I was going to try, with the SW21s to go with it. I remeber reading something long ago about having to clear the 301 to do this and avoid burnig the legacy lnbs because of voltage or something. I searched the forum to find how to do this, but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks from a long time lurker.

Just disconnect the cable going to the dish from the receiver. Then all you have to do is run a switch test so it comes back no switch detected. Connect the Legacy equipment and run a switch test to detect the Legacy equipment.

LookIPosted said:
I remeber reading something long ago about having to clear the 301 to do this and avoid burnig the legacy lnbs because of voltage or something.

Thanks from a long time lurker.

It's not so much a voltage issue, because DP receivers can run just fine off Legacy LNBFs. A bigger problem you might have is the 301 recognizing the downgrade to Legacy. We have had problems with 311/301's that have been running on DP or Legacy LNBFs for so long that for some reason (we believe) the software gets so used to the configuration that even when setting the receiver back to factory defaults it will have issues recognizing the new config.

If you have the old legacy equipment, give it a shot because it costs a lot less than replacing the DP LNBF. But again, don't worry about the voltage. In fact, I've noticed that for some strange reason 522 receivers run a heckuva lot more stable on Legacy Quads or Twins than on DP Quads or Twins. But then again, this is just something me and the guys just notice... no hard data to back this theory up.

Hope this helped.

BlueBoar: it IS a voltage issue. You DO have to worry about it.

DP runs on higher voltage than Legacy, and sometimes the excess juice can fry an old weak Legacy LNBF. Rare, but it does happen.

LookIPosted: Clear the switch matrix using AT LEAST boba's procedure - although that doesn't always work on all receivers. Safer to do the full monty: Unplug feeds, Check Switch. Pull Power. Check Switch AGAIN. Reconnect sat feeds. Check Switch to get-r-done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)