Converting a Prodelin 1.8 Ku to C or C/Ku Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
The mini-C experiment several are playing around with got me thinking about trying to pick up Galaxy 13.

A friend had an older Prodelin 1.8 on an NPR that he wasn't currently using so he said I could experiment with it:

I've got it in my garage and trying to figure out how to change the feed from Ku Feed and Spars to something for C or C/Ku. Here are the spars/feed (upside down) in my garage:

Prodelin wants $200 for C Band Spars and feed for this - which doesn't make a lot of sense to me - as 1) it might not even pull in what I want and 2) if I can find one of the conical scaler rings people are talking about I would want to try that out.

I am told the focal point isn't even the same for Ku as C - so I have to change it out to try and use it.

Any suggestions for changing out the spars and/or getting the proper length for this without giving Prodelin $200 for something that might not work properly for me?

Last edited:
Read the entire thread....however when I got to the last 3-4 pages, it seems no one really had great success and most had given up on it ?????

Can anyone tell me how far from the Dish Surface a C Band LNBF for a 1.8M would be that is offset?

Also, any info on when he will be receiving any additional offset scaler rings from overseas?

HDTVFanAtic said:
Can anyone tell me how far from the Dish Surface a C Band LNBF for a 1.8M would be that is offset?
I don't have an offset that large, but my guess would be, it's the same focal point that's used for ku-band. In other words, the lnb mount that came on the offset dish, should be correct. You will need an adapter that will hold the C-band lnb or modify the one on the dish. But, the focal point should be the same. I think?

Al

Even with the difference in length of the frequency? That would certainly make it easier to experiment with. I guess I thought it would be different as Prodelin said I needed different spars for it - but maybe thats only for the holder. Come to think of it, I guess if it really was different, a combo C / Ku lnb would different in length (duh).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts