Converting a SD tv to HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

woofer21

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2009
Worcester
I currently have:
VIP 722 w/ 1 HD TV and 1 SD TV
VIP 222 w/ 1 HD TV and 1 SD TV.
What would I have to do to get the SD TV (I bought a HD TV) on the 722 to be HD?
Would I just have to get another box?

You can obtain a leased receiver either way. I would suggest that you call and see what DISH Network is willing to offer you (be sure to ask them about commitments) and go from there.

You can buy something outright from DishStore.net or another retailer.

You probably already know this, but you CAN run two HDTVs off the 722 TV1 outputs (one on component and one on HDMI). You just have to watch the same show on both. You can control TV1 remotely with a UHF remote. Long cables aren't that expensive if you get them from someplace like Monoprice.com.

Brad

Bradtothebone is right. Unless you have the need to watch three different HD programs at the same time, then you are better off running a long HDMI cable from one (or both) of your existing 722s. You'd have access the the 722's DVR content and not have spend a monthly fee ($10 more) for the extra box. You could also buy an extra remote too to leave in the room with the new TV.

That is a great idea but the way my house is laid out Its not really feasible for me to run HDMI or composite cables from either one of my other HD boxes. I'm thinking the extra 10 bucks a month might be worth keeping the wife happy. :)

That'd be $240 spent over two years. I bet you can find a solution for getting HDMI over to that new HDTV for a lot less than that -- but hey it's your money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts