Converting DPP to a single LNB

LED

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Mountains
Hi,
I have an unusual dish setup, because of the snow fade I get here in the Colorado Mountains. I have 2- 30" winegard dishes for 110 1nd 119. I have a DPP33 switch.
I get really heavy snow several times a year, and the 30" dishes help a lot.

I also have a 722k receiver.
I want to put up a dish for 129, so I can get more HD programming.
Is there anything else I need?

Can I convert a dish 500 pro plus dish to 1 dual LNB with some kind of adapter that replaces the 2 dual LNB's that are on the 500 DPP dish?
I know that this dish is designed to pick up both110 and 119.
Will That setup get a stronger signal than an old dish 300 18" dish?

I would like to get another Winegard 30" dish, and I will if I get too many interuptions with the smaller dish. I am running out of room to put up a 30" dish. I get really high winds in the Winter, and I have a sheltered spot that protects the 2 30" dishes I have. The third dish will be higher and get more wind.

Any advice wil be appreciated.

Del

Yes, a Dish500 with I adapter (for one LNB) and a DP single or dual LNB should do nicely. But not nearly so nicely as a 30".

OK,
Which satellite is the one I need to align to?
A dish tech told me it was 129, but I can't find the azimuth and elevation for 129.
Dish must think that everyone has a 1000 dish that gets all 3 satellites.

Another ??, Since I have just the 722 receiver, I could use a dpp single LNB.
Do I just hook up the 3rd LNB to the dpp33 switch, and use the single coax output like it is now?
I have 2 legacy LNB's, and I think they will not work. Correct?
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
If you want HDTV the 129 is more important than either 119 or 110. If you can aim one of your 30" dishes at 129 and use the 20" dish 500 with I adapter for your missing SD satellite. The 20 inch dish won't give you much additional gain over a 18" 300.

Azimuth + elevation for 129

That is a good sugestion on aiming a 30" dish at 129. I can do that.
I still can't find the Azimuth and elevation for 129.
Satellite finder web site doesn't have 129w for echostar. There is a 129w CIEL-2, whatever that is. Is it OK to use the numbers for 129w CIEL-2?
I tried the point dish application on the receiver.
I tell it I have a dish 300, and when I select 129 satellite, the azimuth and elevation are all N/A. Only 110, 119, 61.5 and 148 have azimuth and elevation.
The 129w CIEL-2 satellite on the point dish web site shows an azimuth of 204.7 magnetic and elevation of 37.8.
I'm in no rush, I still need to order a DP LNB.
Thanks again,
Del

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)