Converting tv1 to UHF instead of IR

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
What is needed & how difficult is it? The LCD tv that I am considering (Samsung 850) apparently has some problems that affect the IR operation of Dish's 622/722 receivers. Some have reported that converting from IR to UHF as a work around.

What is needed & how difficult is it? The LCD tv that I am considering (Samsung 850) apparently has some problems that affect the IR operation of Dish's 622/722 receivers. Some have reported that converting from IR to UHF as a work around.

you need to get ahold of another 6.3 remote like the one you have for TV2.

I would choose a remote address number other than 1, so thast any close neighbors won't be changing your channels or controling your DVR. Make sure You use the black number 1 key. Pull up your system info screen on the receiver. you'll see that the numer 1 is IR. Press and hold the Sat button until all lights light up, now press any single number or double digit from 1 to 21. Now press the pound button the Sat light will flash three times. Now press record you IR and UHF remotes with both operate TV1

I would choose a remote address number other than 1, so thast any close neighbors won't be changing your channels or controling your DVR. Make sure You use the black number 1 key. Pull up your system info screen on the receiver. you'll see that the numer 1 is IR. Press and hold the Sat button until all lights light up, now press any single number or double digit from 1 to 21. Now press the pound button the Sat light will flash three times. Now press record you IR and UHF remotes with both operate TV1

well, you missed a couple of steps. the part that always trips everyone up.

1st at TV1; you take your original IR remote for TV1 and go to menu 6-1-6 and turn on "enhancements".

2nd go to Menu 6-1-3; then cursor to the #1 remote icon THEN pick up your new UHF remote......

ANY 6.3 remote will work if you alter it correctly, the key color doesnt matter much. can be a Blue #2 key. Its all about the switch actuated by that key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)