Converting Voom Dish Success!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 5, 2005
Port St Lucie, FL
First I'm thankful SatelliteGuy.US have this site for people like me, who need this kind of help! Next to all the great people who are so willing to help people who need expert advice. These things can be a pain if it weren't for good people on these forum that are so willing to help. I read so many forums before and while my parts were coming in from Dishstore and eBay. So, today I modified my Voom dish and hope this help someone else. I have 2 receivers, Dish 942 & 811, DPPlusTwin LNB, Dish500 and of course Voom Dish modified. Bought "I bracket" DP Dual LNB and Sat. Finder to get very close to Sat 61.5. tweek by visual look at both Tv's "signal 113".I cut off 3-5/8'' of arm on Voom dish, by doing this you come out at the same length as original Voom dish & lnb. again thanks to everyone who responded to my threads for help. :D

Chas said:
First I'm thankful SatelliteGuy.US have this site for people like me, who need this kind of help! Next to all the great people who are so willing to help people who need expert advice. These things can be a pain if it weren't for good people on these forum that are so willing to help. I read so many forums before and while my parts were coming in from Dishstore and eBay. So, today I modified my Voom dish and hope this help someone else. I have 2 receivers, Dish 942 & 811, DPPlusTwin LNB, Dish500 and of course Voom Dish modified. Bought "I bracket" DP Dual LNB and Sat. Finder to get very close to Sat 61.5. tweek by visual look at both Tv's "signal 113".I cut off 3-5/8'' of arm on Voom dish, by doing this you come out at the same length as original Voom dish & lnb. again thanks to everyone who responded to my threads for help. :D

If you know anyone else ready to switch, I can give them a Club Dish Referral Code to save them $50 off the Install, yet still get the $49.99 credit on first bill.

I also have the 942 and am happy with it.

You, too can become a Club Dish member and refer others, giving them $50 credit and you get $5 credit on your monthly bill for 12 months!

Chas, your post is NOT useless without pics. OoTLink just can't read yet. :D

The 3 5/8" number is the one missing bit of data.

And bookwalk - I thought the unwritten "rules" ;) said that us high-count posters were supposed to get all our Club Dish references before you newbies started trolling for them.

But it is! All the details are awesome info, I guess I just want to see the "DP" stuff on a vo0m reflector :D

Sorry everyone, I live in Florida and we were dealing with hurricane Dennis, even though we wasn't in the direct path. But we were still impacted by rain and winds. I work for a electric utility company and we were on sixteen hours per day of work. I have a small digital camera and will take some pics. about the 3-5/8 is, 3 & 5/8 inches off the voom arm. the reason for 3&5/8 inches is because the "I bracket" has a stopper line inside it that's about 7/8s of an inch deep inside it. That should put you back at the same length as the original voom arm and lnb length. By the way, I have very beautiful HD pictures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)