Converting Voom dish to pick-up 61.5

Chas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 5, 2005
Port St Lucie, FL
Can I get some help please!

I own a Voom set-up and I missed the forum talk back on 05/01/05. I've have E* installed on 05/20/05 and I didn't elect to have the 2nd dish installed by E* to receive the use to be Voom HD. So saturday I was reading the threads back on May 1st and see that our Voom dish can be used. from E* I've had installed, receivers: 811 & 942, behind the 942 is a DPPlus seperator and the 811 says in the system info DPPTwin. I still have my Voom dish and I've read that the Voom receiver is no good for working with E* system. What do I need to do to get my Voom dish set-up to receive from 61.5? :)

There is a thread in this very forum that talks about the setup whether you are using legacy or DP Pro equipment. I am not familiar with Dish Pro Switch.

Sean Mota said:
There is a thread in this very forum that talks about the setup whether you are using legacy or DP Pro equipment. I am not familiar with Dish Pro Switch.

yeah, thanks Sean, I read that also and printed it out. Now I'm trying to make sense of it before I make an order from Ebay on what type of switches I need.

You need a DishPro Single or Dual LNB mounted on a Dish300. Connect it to the input port of the DPPTwin on your Dish500.

If you're handy, there are a couple of ways to modify the V* dish arm to accept the DP LNB. The simplest is to get a E* "I-adapter" and shorten the V* arm so that the new LNB sits at exactly the same distance from the dish face as the old V* LNB.

A little more futzy is to get an old Dish500 with DP Twin, cover the 110 "eye" with tinfoil, and connect the 119 side to the DPP Twin.

Aiming of either setup should be done by connecting the new LNB directly to a receiver and going from there. There's plenty of threads with "how to aim" info.

SimpleSimon said:
You need a DishPro Single or Dual LNB mounted on a Dish300. Connect it to the input port of the DPPTwin on your Dish500.

If you're handy, there are a couple of ways to modify the V* dish arm to accept the DP LNB. The simplest is to get a E* "I-adapter" and shorten the V* arm so that the new LNB sits at exactly the same distance from the dish face as the old V* LNB.

A little more futzy is to get an old Dish500 with DP Twin, cover the 110 "eye" with tinfoil, and connect the 119 side to the DPP Twin.

Aiming of either setup should be done by connecting the new LNB directly to a receiver and going from there. There's plenty of threads with "how to aim" info.

An even simpler way would be to buy a Microyal DP single LNB which has the standard rectangular end that will work with the Voom Dish. www.microyal.com .

I believe this is the dishpro lnb with the legacy style mount interface... Would this do it for my voom??
this web site does not give a price and how to order???

DishPro LNBFs are a new technology that is only supported in the newest receivers from Dish Network (Models 301, 501, 508, and 721). DishPro LNBFs and switches allow for longer runs up to 200 feet from receivers to the dish. DishPro installations are easier as there are fewer cables to run from the dish to the switch(es) for more than 2 receivers as well as simpler installations if more than 4 satellite feeds are needed (especially important now that 721s and 921s need 2 satellite feeds per receiver).

DishPro is different as it will stack or transmit both even and odd signals down the same wire, by shifting the frequencies up so both polarities can travel the same feed to the receiver or switch. Since this is the case the LNBF doesn't need the receiver voltage to switch back and forth. A switch is necessary to be able to connect one stacked 119º feed and one stacked 110º feed to each receiver. The only way a legacy receiver will work with this arrangement of LNBFs and DishPro switches is with a DishPro adapter that can down convert the stacked frequencies to the standard odd or even only frequencies. Each legacy receiver has to use this adapter which must be installed within 10 feet of the receiver.

ITEM SPECIFICATION CONDITION
MIN. TYPICAL MAX. UNIT
Input Frequency Range 12.2 ? 12.7 GHz ?
1st Local Oscillator Frequency ? 11.25 ? GHz ?
2nd Local Oscillator Frequency ? 14.35 ? GHz ?
1st IF Frequency Range 950 ? 1450 MHz ?
1st IF Frequency Range 1650 ? 2150 MHz ?
LO Initial Accuracy ? ? ±2.0 MHz @ 25ºC
LO Temperature Drift ? ? ±3.0 MHz @ -35 ~ 60ºC
Conversion Gain 50 56 62 dB @ 25ºC
Gain Variation over 500MHz ? ? ±2.5 dB @ 25ºC
Gain Variation any 27MHz ? ? ±0.5 dB @ 25ºC
Noise Figure 0.7 ? 1.1 dB @ 25ºC
LO Phase Noise ? ? -60 dBc/Hz @ 1KHz offset under vibration
? ? -80 dBc/Hz @ 10KHz offset under vibration
? ? -100 dBc/Hz @ 100KHz offset under vibration
? ? -110 dBc/Hz @ 1MHz offset under vibration
Image Rejection 40 ? ? dB 9.8 ~ 10.3 GHz
Output Impedance ? 75 ? Ohms Female F connector
Output VSWR ? ? 2.0:1 ? @ 75ohms system
1dB Compression Point 0 ? ? dBm Output power
Cross- Polarization Isolation 20 ? ? dB ?
Pole to Pole Isolation 20 ? ? dB ?
Output Port Isolation 20 ? ? dB ?
Operation Voltage 10.5 ? 21.0 V ?
Power Supply Current Drain ? 160 200 mA ?
Weight ? 300 ? g preliminary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts