Converts from DISH -- surprises you will discover

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Note that backfeeding is not recommended if you have a behemoth dish.

There you go again with the Bullsh!t "behemoth dish" again. Why don't you give it up? You sound stupid when you keep saying it.

who cares though? it is bigger than most before it. Whats the big deal????

The big deal is that Harshness is not being straightforward in his description of the dish, and it can give the wrong impression to someone thinking about signing up for Directv. It is a description he has used repeatedly, and it is not true.

The big deal is that Harshness is not being straightforward in his description of the dish, and it can give the wrong impression to someone thinking about signing up for Directv. It is a description he has used repeatedly, and it is not true.
its not huge, but it is big. not overly. if you have dish, it is exactly the same size as the super dish was.

Edit: to be honest, if someone doesnt do more research than listen to harsh on the size of the dish, they deserve what they get! lol

Heavy sucker when you do the installing as I did ;)... not as big as my 80cm Fortec but...

Check out the one in the background! Now that is a behemoth!

Attachments

• twodishes.JPG
    twodishes.JPG
    440.1 KB · Views: 142
It truly is NOT a behemoth; not even near it.
Outside of dishes designed for AK/HI use, the AT9 is far and away the largest dish at 29.5" x 25.5". Next is the AU9 at 28.7" x 24.4". The international dish (540 square inches) is wider, but it is not as tall.

So the AT9 (620+ square inches) and AU9 (550 square inches) are as big as they get on the mainland and they are about double the surface area of the Phase III.

Clearly these dishes are relative giants compared to the standard dishes.

Outside of dishes designed for AK/HI use, the AT9 is far and away the largest dish at 29.5" x 25.5". Next is the AU9 at 28.7" x 24.4". The international dish (540 square inches) is wider, but it is not as tall.

So the AT9 (620+ square inches) and AU9 (550 square inches) are as big as they get on the mainland and they are about double the surface area of the Phase III.

Clearly these dishes are relative giants compared to the standard dishes.

If I am 5'9" tall and the next tallest person in my family is 5'2", am I a "behemoth"?

If I am 5'9" tall and the next tallest person in my family is 5'2", am I a "behemoth"?
You're average in the context of mainland humanoids. A CONUS behemoth would be someone 6'8" or taller and weighing in at at least 300 pounds. In The Netherlands you'd probably have to be upwards of 7' (I have a relative there that is 7'1").

The key is that the behemoth dishes are approximately double the size of the familiar dishes and you're probably not double the size of average size adult in your household.

compared to the rest of your family? yes.

its all relative. Is the dish massive? no
Is it massive compared to most of the other dishes? somewhat

I needed a separate 30" dish plus a dish500 to get a decent signal in the PacNW from dish. Even with the 30" dish I saw the signal drop every 30 min from the 129 sat (E5). Yes the new dish from DTV is large, but it's only one dish and I have not seen any signal issues. And the installer was good enough to place the dish where it is hidden from view from the front of the house. It looks to be of better construction (dish and mountings) than the ones I had with dish over the years and I have a feeling I won't need to do anything with it but enjoy using it for the next 10 years or so.

Add to surprises:

15. The OTA tuner feed I get on my HR 20 does NOT providea] a 3rd simultaneous recording option as it does on the 622. So 3 tuners does not equal 3 simultaneous recordings!

Add to surprises:

15. The OTA tuner feed I get on my HR 20 does NOT providea] a 3rd simultaneous recording option as it does on the 622. So 3 tuners does not equal 3 simultaneous recordings!

Sorry, but a lot of these 'surprises' of yours sound more like someone that didn't do any research before getting a HR20. If you had looked at the HR20s maunal that's available on line right on page 19 it says you can record two programs at once.

Sorry, but a lot of these 'surprises' of yours sound more like someone that didn't do any research before getting a HR20. If you had looked at the HR20s maunal that's available on line right on page 19 it says you can record two programs at once.
This depends on when you did your research. For a relatively long time, the manuals shipped with and the website PDF indicated that the HR20 could indeed record three programs simultaneously. It has been fixed in the "b" version of the PDF.

Bookwalk, I'm so glad that you've left E* and gone to D*. Your unrealistic expectations and constant whining have irritated me for quite a while. You won't ever be happy, no matter what provider you have. That's just sad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)