Cool feature of the 612 that 722 does not have?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I just noticed a feature of the 612 that the 722 does not have and I really like it. If you are watching a show and then midway through the show decide to record it, when you choose "record entire event" the 612 automatically records using Tuner 2 instead of the tuner you are currently viewing. This allows me to switch channels on the TV instead of being forced to watch the rest of the show on that TV. Is this a difference in the receivers or is there some option to do this on the 722 also?

I would imagine that the 722 in single mode would act the same way, but since I always use dual mode, I can't say for sure. Someone else I'm sure will be able to verify.

622, 722, heck even the old 522 and 625 always had this feature. Single or dual mode has nothing to do with it, but whether you already were tuned to the channel before the slot began, and whether is it still fully buffered?

In single mode you do have the advantage of being able to swap or change channels whilst such recording is in progress.

Yes, the dual-tuner DVRs can do this in Single Mode just fine. Pepper is correct in that you can record the buffer in Dual Mode, but not on the second tuner like you can in Single Mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)