Cool new info in the Pub

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
There is some cool new information in the Pub today. Might be a good day to join if you've been on the edge.

Yes it is cool info. :)

The only reason it is in the pub is to say thank you to everyone who supported the site.

This information will be made available to all for free at a later time.

Thanks for your support!

I realize that it takes money to run a sight like this but I think that is is piss-poor policy to charge for any information. If information is THAT useful (or important) it should be available to every member.

Bill I figured it would be you who would complaign about this (in fact we were discussing it in our staff area about an hour ago) :D

I am not asking anyone to donate anything as I said this information will be made available to all members soon enough. The only reason it is in the pub first is to say thank you to those who help us pay our bills. It is because of people like them that we are able to keep the site running. It is also because of people like them is how we can bring this information out in the public for free to those who have not donated or would rather not donate.

We could be like other sites and hold the info back and share it only with donators or we could do like we are doing and present it to those who have support us first as a thank you, and then after the pub folks have seen it make it available to all for free. :)

It's just our way of saying thanks to the folks who help us keep the lights on. :D

Scott,

As I said, I realize that you need to pay for the board but holding back information (even if it available latter) is not, as I see it, an ethicial way to do it. All you are doing is pissing off some of us. I know that you don't care about that but it is just the way some of us see it.

By the way, I don't know if you realize it but you have so many ads on the board now that it sometimes crashes browsers (Netscape). And last week I was in a place where broadband was not available. On dialup, the load time of your board was completely unacceptable because of all the ads. I just thought that you would like to know.

nothing scott has posted in the pub will affect anyone for the half day it is for pub members. however, it is a very good scoop.

if scott had some info that had an immediate effect, he would post it in public first.

Bill R said:
Scott,

As I said, I realize that you need to pay for the board but holding back information (even if it available latter) is not, as I see it, an ethicial way to do it. All you are doing is pissing off some of us. I know that you don't care about that but it is just the way some of us see it.

By the way, I don't know if you realize it but you have so many ads on the board now that it sometimes crashes browsers (Netscape). And last week I was in a place where broadband was not available. On dialup, the load time of your board was completely unacceptable because of all the ads. I just thought that you would like to know.
You know, if you would donate...most of the ads will go away!

Bill R said:
I realize that it takes money to run a sight like this but I think that is is piss-poor policy to charge for any information. If information is THAT useful (or important) it should be available to every member.

Why?

I don't understand where he says the ads are there. guests see ads down the side of the screen but members don't. I've checked this by using an old login I had before becoming staff and I don't see any extra ads

Bill R said:
Scott,

I have never had it crash.

Iceberg said:
I don't understand where he says the ads are there. guests see ads down the side of the screen but members don't. I've checked this by using an old login I had before becoming staff and I don't see any extra ads
I agree. I don't see no stinkin' Ads - Links to site supporters are lined across the top of the page, but not at all intrusive.

Bill R said:
Scott,

DAMN IT!!!! I actually had to pay for a paper today so I could read the information on there, there was a little teaser headline they let peep through the window, but actually made me pay for the paper! what low life scums these people are lets revolt!

stuart628 said:
DAMN IT!!!! I actually had to pay for a paper today so I could read the information on there, there was a little teaser headline they let peep through the window, but actually made me pay for the paper! what low life scums these people are lets revolt!

LOL!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts