Cool Sat 5000 on the way

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1inabillion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Vu+Duo.2/4Tuner HD:Zone
Billion here
ok i ordered the Cool Sat 5000 P today should get it sometime next
week i hope. thinking about slaving it off my New 4DTv Receiver, from
all the posts in the forums i`ve read that configuration should work aok
On a C-band/Ku Band Bud. Any input welcome.:)
Thanks in adavnce
Billion.:D

1inabillion said:
Billion here
ok i ordered the Cool Sat 5000 P today should get it sometime next
week i hope. thinking about slaving it off my New 4DTv Receiver, from
all the posts in the forums i`ve read that configuration should work aok
On a C-band/Ku Band Bud. Any input welcome.:)
Thanks in adavnce
Billion.:D

That's exactly what I'm doing, except I have the 4000. The only piece of advice that comes to mind is that when you scan with the Coolsat it will be limited to the polarity the 4dtv is currently using. In other words if the 4dtv is on a vertical transponder, you'll only be able to scan for vertical channels, likewise for horizontal. When you do your scans, you can speed things up by only telling it to scan for the polarity of the transponder the 4dtv is currently on.

That's exactly what I'm doing, except I have the 4000. The only piece of advice that comes to mind is that when you scan with the Coolsat it will be limited to the polarity the 4dtv is currently using. In other words if the 4dtv is on a vertical transponder, you'll only be able to scan for vertical channels, likewise for horizontal. When you do your scans, you can speed things up by only telling it to scan for the polarity of the transponder the 4dtv is currently on.
Only thing i need to know is the kind of splitters i need to do the hook up
i know they are a high frequency splitter any brands better or what ??
thanks in advance
Billion

Last edited:
1inabillion said:
Only thing i need to know is the kind of splitters i need to do the hook up
i know they are a high frequency splitter any barands better or what ??
thanks in advance
Billion

I haven't had any problems with different brands. As long as they're high freq. I don't think the brand is overly important. I bought one a couple months ago at Home Depot, and it's worked fine.

Nice :).

I'm all setup for a receiver slaved to my 922. I picked up the HF splitters from Sadoun and the receiver will likely include a DiSEqC switch if you already don't have one. It's a lot cheaper to do it this way if you make up your own cables.

Did you get it in black? :cool:

Link to page on Sadoun's site:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Switches/Splitters.htm

I got #8, BZT3WayONE 3-Way splitter, 5 to 2300 Mhz, One port DC pass, Heavy duty housing.

I went with the 3-way because they were same price as the 2 way ($6 for two) AND they had the single leg power pass. These are also 5-2300 rated.

If you buy there you need some filler to make the minumum order ($25). It's a good time to pick up some cable ends or diplexors.

Last edited:
Oh yeah those Coolsat 5000's do rock. Shawn you are missing out. :D

I'm all setup for a receiver slaved to my 922. I picked up the HF splitters from Sadoun and the receiver will likely include a DiSEqC switch if you already don't have one. It's a lot cheaper to do it this way if you make up your own cables.
Did you get it in black?
Link to page on Sadoun's site:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Switches/Splitters.htm
I got #8, BZT3WayONE 3-Way splitter, 5 to 2300 Mhz, One port DC pass, Heavy duty housing.
I went with the 3-way because they were same price as the 2 way ($6 for two) AND they had the single leg power pass. These are also 5-2300 rated.
If you buy there you need some filler to make the minumum order ($25). It's a good time to pick up some cable ends or diplexors.
Billion here thanks for all the info.

On the Black issue i told them black or back its comes. I called them back right
after i placed the order and told them it must be black. they tryed to tell me
no way they could grant that wish it might be silver or black. i then said cancel
the order lol then they changed there tune. BLACK it better be or back its
goes. well thats all for now and thanks again to all.:)

Billion:D :up

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts