coolsat 4000 pro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

themontecarloman

Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
I Just Bought Myself A New Coolsat 4000 Pro And Lnb. I Set It Up With My C-band Dish. Can't Get Any Programming. Tried To Get It Going On My Brothers Small Dish No Luck. What Could Be The Problem?

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA Forum :wave

I guess you have checked to make sure your LNBF L.O. is set to 05150

And that you are using a (four digit) Live C-band channel.

I Just Bought Myself A New Coolsat 4000 Pro And Lnb. I Set It Up With My C-band Dish. Can't Get Any Programming. Tried To Get It Going On My Brothers Small Dish No Luck. What Could Be The Problem?

Need lots more info
-what type of dish (size of dish)
-LNB type?
-what satellite you are on

If you have C-Band, aim it towards a C-band satellite and you should be able to pick something up

Point your cband dish to galaxy 10 (you might have this programmed into your analog reciever as g9). This is the same satellite that TVland, the movie channel east, spike tv west and CMT east is on (c band analog). Tune to TV land on TP (channel) 16. This ensures the polarity is correct on the c band dish for the below channel.

Input the following parameters in your coolsat. This should be under the manual scan menu:
LNB LO 5150
frequency 4180
Symb rate 29270
polarity horizontal
video pid 1160
audio pid 1120
This will give you the Outdoor Channel on galaxy g10.
PCR pid 1160

You might have to "bump" your dish east/ west a bit to get a good quality signal.

Hello I Bought A New Coolsat 4000 Pro About A Month Ago. Do These Need Some Kind Of Down Loading. I Can't Get It To Work

themontecarloman said:
Hello I Bought A New Coolsat 4000 Pro About A Month Ago. Do These Need Some Kind Of Down Loading. I Can't Get It To Work

Work with what?
FTA I hope.

Anything specific... G10, IA5..?
Do you have a dish set up?
A motor? Entered your LNB LO info?

yea, your going to have to give us more info than "it doesnt work"... that does not give us much to work on.

The Coolsat 4000 Pro will work out of the box to get all FTA DVB programming, regardless of satellite, but it must be configured correctly to do so, depending on what you want to watch, and what bird you are pointed at.

Since you have a C-band dish, I assume you have a 4DTV or a C-band analog system? Can you verify that your dish works?

I would follow DrHydro's advice about G10, since most analog systems either already point there, or can point there easily.

I Followed Drhydro's Advice. Went To Satellite G10 Channel 16 Tv Land. Set Lnb To 5150, Frequency To 4180, Symb Rate To 29270, H-polarity, Video Pid 1160,audio Pid 1120, Pcr Pid 1160. Then Press Ok. No Or Bad Signal Comes Up On Screen. And When I Go Back To Check Video, Audio And Pcr Pid It Says Auto On Each One. Thanks For Your Time

YOu might have to move your dish a little west or east, digital signals are not as easy to recieve as analog are. if you are sure you are on the sat, try a "blind scan" and see what you can find.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Are you seeing any signal quality at all when you manually enter in the PIDS? How are you do have the coolsat hooked up to the BUD? Are you using a "loop out" from your analog box, or are you connecting the cable from the BUD directly to the back of the Coolsat? Do you have any switches/ connectors in line? I would double check all connections, get any switches/connectors out of the line and go from there.

how is it connected? are you running a cable straight from the LNB on the BUD to the coolsat? if not try that, with no splitters / switches in the run.

The C-band Lnb Is About 14 Years Old. I Do Have The Lnb That I Bought With The Coolsat. I Have It Mounted Near The C-band Lnb. With The C-band Lnb I Get About 57% Quality With Red Squares Flashing Across Screen. With Other Lnb I Get No Movement On Screen.

ok. you need to use the cband lnb, the LNBF that came with the coolsat is a KU band offset lnbf and will not work properly with your bud. If you are getting signal quality (not signal strength) of 57% than you are on a sat. Have you tried playing with the skew to get a higher signal quality?

Your c band lnb may have to high a noise figure to be able to work with DVB broadcasts. Try hooking up the cband lnb to the coolsat and doing a "blind scan". If you have already done that and are not getting any channels (and you should get the outdoor channel on g10) then you might have to pick up a new c band lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)