coolsat 5000 blind scanning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
I have a question. Why when I scan with my coolsat 5000 at times it will take around 10 minutes to scan 97W. Then other times I try to re blind scan and it goes to 100% in less than two minutes and of course it doesn't find anything?

I have a question. Why when I scan with my coolsat 5000 at times it will take around 10 minutes to scan 97W. Then other times I try to re blind scan and it goes to 100% in less than two minutes and of course it doesn't find anything?

Cosmo,

Once your receiver has scanned in all the active TPs, it won't need to rescan them again. So, unless a new TP becomes active between this scan and the next, the receiver won't log any NEW ones and therefore, it doesn't Blind Scan anything additional and it goes faster.

If you could ever get ALL the TPs on 97.0°W logged in, you would no longer need to repeat the Blind Scan. You can simply use AUTO SCAN to search the logged TPs for channels, which is obviously faster.

Hence, if you were able to know all the TPs available on a particular satellite and you entered them all manually, then you wouldn't have anything left for the Blind Scan to do. All the TPs are already there, so it won't find anything new and it will scan fast since it already has everything logged in.

RADAR

I see what you mean. See whenever I would scan a satellite I would always just use blind scan. But right now I just used auto scan and I found something. Thanks

You just have to bear in mind that a blindscan is the ONLY way to find newly signals. So , if you're looking on a satellite known for one-time feeds, then regular blindscans are the solution.
If you're watching TV from 97W , though, which has pretty standardized channel assignments, then maybe once a month you'd want to blindscan, or sooner if you noticed that something was missing.
:)

You just have to bear in mind that a blindscan is the ONLY way to find newly signals. So , if you're looking on a satellite known for one-time feeds, then regular blindscans are the solution.
If you're watching TV from 97W , though, which has pretty standardized channel assignments, then maybe once a month you'd want to blindscan, or sooner if you noticed that something was missing.
:)

Friday night I was watching something on 97W. I hit it by total accident. What happened was my dish is installed on the roof but my pole wasn't 100% plumb. It would read 90 on the angle reader but only 90 on 3 sides. So since it was a nice night I decided to reset the motor I then moved the dish via coolsat 5000 to 97W since I know that has a strong signal. I went to blind scan and I found something!. I was happy so I found tv shows not in english mostly arabic. But then yesterday I noticed the motor isn't moving to the correct satellites via usals. When I moved it to 72W it actually hit 74W my true south. I only found one channel on that ONN it was working fine. I couldn't really save that satellite because on this coolsat 5000 it has hacker software( I bought it that way from a flea market for $5 the seller said it was her sons and it doesn't work since dish is down.) Of course it didn't come with a remote so I use this universal rca which works ok so far. I figure once I get a hd receiver I will be set to watch all the feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts