Coolsat 5000 doesn't talk to my laptop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Hi there,
First I tried a null modem cable and then found out that the CS 5000 actually needs a strait through cable to connect to a laptop, so I got one.
When I click on connect on my CS Loader, all I get is the "Connect your receiver and turn it on..." message. When I click on connect and turn off my receiver and turn it back on, the dashes on the LCD of the receiver start scrolling, but again, nothing happens.
When I go to System Settings>Data Transfer>Channel... and I then click "Connect" on the loader, the receiver tells me the "STB" is in copy mode. This tells me there is some communication between the receiver and laptop.
What am I missing here? What I want to do is download the channels list from the receiver, edit them in the laptop and write the back to the receiver.
Do I have to change my Serial Port settings?

Thanks,

Ftamart

when you turn the box off and back on, the computer should acknowledge what software you have in the box and say something like "Version 1.00 detected" and then you hit start

it should acknowledge the com port fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)