Status
Please reply by conversation.

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
I've had my Coolsat 5000 for about 6-7 weeks now. And now I'm ready to ask some questions. 1st, I'm not able to get either of the AC-3 outputs to work for AC-3. They both (coaxual/optical) pass standard audio without even having the standard audio jacks hooked up. I'm using a Denon AVR-3805, AV Surround Receiver. I also have a Pansat 3500s and the AC-3 works flawlessly with the Denon. I've tried swapping the input/output cables between the 2 fta receivers and the Pansat works through either one, while the Coolsat won't pass through the AC-3 at all. I'm totally stumped on this. I wouldn't think the coaxual/optical SPDIF outputs would pass the standard audio through, but they do. The standard audio jacks work also, I know cause I hooked them up to see. I wasn't using them cause I didn't want to buy another set of cables, now I have. Still, no AC-3 output. I went in the menu and turned off the SPDIF, I lost all my sound. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with the Coolsat. If so, I'll get over it. But, I would like to get it working if possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Now for the 2nd question. This is directed at you Tony. In you review you mentioned you found a way in your 4000 to turn off the Password and you would get back to that later. Either I've overlooked it or you failed to get back to it. Since I can't find it in your review, would you please explain how to do this? Thanks.

Al

Edit: More info on AC-3 problem. Originally it scanned in with 0000 Audio PID on all the channels with AC-3 output (except for HD channels). I tried to edit the Audio PID's with numbers arrived at from my Pansat. These numbers work on the Pansat, but not with the Coolsat. I've also deleted some of these channels and did a rescan (new scan) and this time getting Audio PID's with 5 digit numbers like 65535, on PBS (vpid-0049) on AMC3. Another strange thing is the Audio works in AC-3 on the PBS HD channel. I've checked other HD channels with AC-3 and it works there also. This is a very strange problem for me. Any idea's will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
voomvoom said:
Now for the 2nd question. This is directed at you Tony. In you review you mentioned you found a way in your 4000 to turn off the Password and you would get back to that later. Either I've overlooked it or you failed to get back to it. Since I can't find it in your review, would you please explain how to do this? Thanks.

Al

Al
Here is how to disable the password on everything but security settings

-system setting
-security setting (password)
-turn everything to "off" and that turns off the password prompt for everything but security settings :)

Iceberg said:
Al
Here is how to disable the password on everything but security settings

-system setting
-security setting (password)
-turn everything to "off" and that turns off the password prompt for everything but security settings :)
Thanks Tony, worked like a charm. Have you tried this with the Pansat? It would be nice to cut it off as well. Now if you could figure out the AC-3 problem, I'll be all set.

Al

I have no idea how to do it with a Pansat. I've been trying to do it to my 1500 for 2 years now :)

Hi
How do I upload the channel list on my coolsat 5000 to save it on my computer.I know I have to use the serial cable and under Data Transfer select Channel Data but do I use channel Master or what program do I open to transfer it to,instructions don't explain much.

Dave

Dave
You have to upload the list using the Coolsat loader. This will give you a .ndf file...Then you can open it in Channel master. When you want to load it back, save as .ndf and reload back using same loader

Coolsat has their own "channel master" version which I attached

Attachments

• NDFEdit.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 287
Eastcoast said:
Thanks
I guess thats on the coolsat website?

it might be but here it is (I posted the Coolsat "channel edit" program above)

Attachments

• CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.2.zip
    120.5 KB · Views: 201
one word....when you open it, make sure you LNB LO frequencies are right. I don't know why but when I upload it, it turns my LO frequencies from 10750 single to "Single SL" and 5150 when it uploads. Just change it back and you'll be fine :)
(you don't lose any motor or Diseqc settigns) :D

I think its a straight shot cable (NOT null modem)

If you have a cable, hook it up, select "channels" and say "to comuter"
Hit connect and if its right, it will say "version 1.00" or the software version. If it doesn't, then it can't "talk" to the box and its the other kind

Some of my receivers use a null, some don't. I THINK The 5000 is a straight cable

yep...tried and failed :(

Was going to see if I could get Hispasat 1C/1D at 30 degrees. Its a 10 elevation for me

Well, after I started, I had MAJOR LOS issues
-neighbors house (again :(
-tree in the way

So after setting dish up right way and got it down to 10 elevation I looked and went "uh oh"...so I used the old reliable...make the dish "think" like a Prime Focus dish (offset dishes have a 22 degree offset). So I made the dish 32 elevation and looked up the barrelof the arm and 1/2 of the house and trees were in the way :(

happy camper

i want to thank you for all of this information, i am new to all of this and need to learn!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)